Forty-Three- Acorralada.

Acorralada- Spanish- Cornered, trapped, back against the wall.
-

-
April was angry once she realized exactly what he meant.
"Drop me off here." She hissed,

"Ape we're no where near-"

"PULL OVER OR I WILL JUMP OUT OF THIS CAR!" She shrieked causing him to swerve off the road. Immediately she was out of the car slamming the door behind her.

"April cmon the please." He pleaded as he drove slowly beside her,

"Just go! Go with her! I rather walk home than spend the next few hours watching you fawn over your ex wife! GO!"

"April...it's not like that."

"I can take a lot of things Punk. I can accept the fact that you're not completely over her yet. I can accept that." She sighed,
"But when I married you you made me believe that I had a fair shot. You lied to me! You had no intention of forgetting her. I was just a consolation prize. But I don't think I can do this anymore. I can't be second place. I can't. So just go. Please go so I can clear my head, so I can think about what in the world I'm going to do."

"April...please. You may not believe me but I never meant to hurt you.", she looked at him, her doe eyes blurry with tears.

"Just. Go." She whimpered. He stopped in front of her,

"Ape...I-" He began but was cut off by his phone ringing, it was his connection in the police station.
"I'm sorry I have to go. We'll talk I promise." She nodded weakly and began to walk. She took all of 5 steps before collapsing on the sidewalk. She hugged her knees to her chest, burying her face in them. How could he not tell he was breaking her heart? He was going to let his wife walk home in order to see his ex that wanted nothing to do with him. She trusted Ruby wanted nothing to him otherwise she wouldn't have given her the ring right? Her fingers absentmindedly floated to the sapphire ring on her left hand. He paid so little attention to her he didn't even notice that she wasn't even wearing the gold diamond encrusted ring with her birthstone that she had loved so much. She sat there hearing the cars pass for what felt like an eternity and all you coulda think about was how she had wasted the past almost 5 years chasing after him...

"Hey..." She heard the footsteps stopped beside her. It sounded like a jogger.

"I'm fine." She whimpered,

"Are you sure?" The voice sounded male with an accent she didn't exactly recognize.

"I'm. Fine."

"Doesn't look like it...I mean you're sitting on the side of the road...crying. Are you lost? Do you need-"

"Look will you just leave me alone! I don't need any saving!" She growled wiping her eyes as she looked up to see the idiot who wouldn't leave her alone. He held up his hands defensively, his green eyes wandering across of each of her features carefully.

"Just trying to help."

"I don't need it." She glared, at his exposed chiseled torso that was at her eye level. He was in tight black and neon green pants, a shirt hanging around his neck. He had clearly been out jogging before he had stumbled across her.

"Hey aren't you uh...wait I know you..." He scratched his chin.

"No you don't." She muttered as she stood dusting herself off.

"Miss April WSU! Right that's you?" He asked,

"Wow you're out of the loop..." She almost laughed as she began to walk away.