Twenty-Six- Home.

Punks eyes shot open. He couldn't explain why but he was awake. He tried to sit up but was met with resistance on his chest. He began to panic, he didn't know why but he was, maybe he was just imagining it. He tried to pull himself up, but the resistance remained, he pulled up harder before smacking himself on the head board knocking some sense into him. It was AJ, she had slept over again, how could he forget? She practically lived there. Not that he minded, he liked the company. He couldn't stand being alone anymore...because being alone meant he had time to think and time to think and time to think meant...meant endless thoughts of...her. He shook his head, he didn't want to think about her right now. He rubbed his head which was now throbbing. He looked down at AJ who was peacefully sleeping on his chest. He still remembered when they had gotten back together. She had been his comfort...she had come not 2 hours after he called.

"What's wrong?" She asked as she say beside him on the couch. He said nothing, she knew she shouldn't persist. She just nodded and sat there.

"Uh I'll be back." He sighed as he got up. He needed a second to clear his thoughts. He stepped out onto the fire escape. Why the hell had he called her? She wouldn't make things better. Maybe he would ask her to leave, but when he got back inside she wasn't there, only her sweater.

"April?" He called, as he walked through his apartment looking for her. He dipped in and out of bedrooms, the bathrooms, his den, she was nowhere to be found. Finally he stopped he stopped in front of his bedroom. The door was just slightly ajar. He groaned mentally before pushing the door open. He found her laid out seductively on his bed, but it was what she was wearing that caught his eye.

"Take that off!" He demanded not sounding the least bit aroused. He sounded angry.

"It's not yours! Take it off! I don't want it to smell like you", she smiled demurely

"If you want me to take it off so badly, come take it off for me" she purred. He took a menacing step forward. She sat up crawling toward him.

"April I'm not going to tell you again. Take. That. Shirt. Off." He demanded, she smiled and wrapped her arms around his neck. He could see now that she wasn't wearing anything beneath the shirt. His Best in the World shirt...the one Ruby had often worn to sleep when they stayed in Chicago. She didn't fill it out half as well as she did...but he knew it still held her scent, a mixture of VS Strawberries and champagne body spray, Garnier Fructis leave in conditioner, and something....something that was just HER. Pathetically enough he still slept with it, clutching it, it was the only way he had been able to fall asleep for so long...he didn't want her scent to over take Ruby's no matter how much he hated her...AJ smiled at him, dipping in close to his ear.

"And I already told you...if you want me to take it off so badly, take it off of me" she purred placing his hands on her upper thighs right where the shirt ended. He took a step back and pulled the shirt over her head. She smiled,

"Don't confuse things" he growled

"You called me here...just remember that" she whispered,

"You want me to make things better, let me make then better Punk. Let me help you forget" she began to trail kisses down his neck, she placed his hands back on her body.

"You need to forget, who better than me? Who better to piss off your ex wife than the woman she hates?" She continued,

"C'mon Punky" she cooed as she pulled him on top of her. He remembered how difficult it was to shove Ruby out of his mind...how he could barely focus as AJ rode him like a carnival ride. He felt her burrow her face into his rib cage,a slight snore coming out of her mouth causing him to laugh as she interrupted his memory. He had grown...fond of her. He sighed, but it wasn't love. He wasn't sure he even knew what that was anymore. He picked up his phone and began to scroll through his texts, a few from Colt, a few from Kofi, Chez had sent him a picture of her some park. Finally his eyes fell on a text from Scarlett, he sat up in shock, smacking his head on the headboard again. What in the actual hell?! His hands actually trembled as he went open it.