Thirty-Four-Kayden.

"Is Kayden mine?!" Punk repeated, Ivan looked highly uncomfortable. "Ivan I've barely managed to not wring your neck this whole conversation, if I were you I'd give me the answer I'm looking for" Punk warned. Ivan sighed,

"I honestly don't know." He finally said, "but if you're asking if he's mine, then I'm sad to say he's not. But I love him as if he were...that little boy is my world. Cora and him are my entire world" They were quiet for a moment.

"I have to be..." He muttered "I am..." Punk sighed with finality "I have every right to be a part of my sons life. I already missed so much. I missed his first word, his first steps, and who knows what else...I already had one son torn away from me and I refuse to let it be another" Ivan looked alarmed,

"What is it you plan to do?" He asked he looked apprehensive

"I want time with my son" Punk growled, "you've stripped me of that!"

"Cora doesn't remember you! She doesn't know anything of that life, as far as she's concerned she thinks that her parents died a long time ago and that her and I were married before her accident"

"How does she think the accident happened?" Punk asked quietly concerned, remembering how she so selflessly took the bullet for him, he could never imagine Ruby doing that for him...

"She thinks she was being mugged and got shot" Ivan looked up at him, "like I said, she doesn't know anything about her painful past. For the first time in her life she's living a completely normal life. Don't take that away from her" he pleaded, Punk looked at him shocked,

"For the first time?! I'll have you know after she came back to me the second time we lived a happy and normal life!"

"And on your watch she was kidnapped and almost killed" Ivan glared.

"It wasn't my fault!" Punk told him trying to convince himself. They were quiet for a moment "so what exactly do you think I should do then?"

"Act as if you never found out. Let us live our life in peace. We're happy"

"I can't do that" Punk growled "what kind of a man would do that?!"

"One who wants what's best for the woman he claims to have loved or loves"

"And what about MY son?!"

"I'm the only father he's ever known. He's young...don't confuse him"

"I can't...I just can't do that" Punk shook his head. "No one in their right mind would do that", Ivan looked at him,

"Then what're you going to do Phil? Burst in like some Nicholas Sparks book and take her away?!" He asked angrily "you're going to be so selfish as to bring back every painful memory she's ever had just so you can be happy?! You're going to tear the only father your son has ever know away from him?! You're going to turn their whole world upside down?! And for what?! For what Phil?! For YOUR selfishness!" Punk looked at him slightly taken aback "I worked my ass off to give Cora a better life, for that little boy to have a normal, comfortable life. Don't you dare burst in and try to ruin that! You loved her I get it! But it's time to let go! All the way! Because if your ex was buying a wedding dress you were more than halfway there! Let her go Punk. She's happy. She's living the life she deserves, as for Kayden...when the time is right...he can know...and if he wants to he'll look for you"

"It's not that simple Ivan" Punk growled "he's MY son!"

"He's my son too!"

"I can't just let him go like that, I can't. If he knows I knew, he'll hate me. I would. I want to spend time with him. I want to make up for lost time, i want to take him to Cubs games! I want to give him shitty cryptic advice about girls and teach him to wrestle, hell I just want to hold him!"