Changes Pt. 4: The Lost Days.

Punk?" Ruby whispered tiredly against his hip, her finger softly tracing along the V on his abdomen.

"Hm?" He muttered half asleep from exhaustion, yet he couldn't stop his hand from constantly stroking her blonde hair off of her face.

"8 months." She whimpered,

"What?" He asked confused as he stopped stroking her hair,

"8 months." She repeated her voice breaking, "I would've been 8 months pregnant with our son around this time."

"Rue, baby, don't do this."

"I'm sorry. I'm so sorry, I don't think you understand how sorry I am...i should've been more careful...I should've-"

"Baby you didn't know. It's not your fault. It's not anyone's fault." Punk muttered sleepily.

"He would've been born so soon..." She muttered her voice breaking, "I took that away from you...I took that away from me, from him. I'm a monster."

"Baby. Stop."

"Jackson..." She whimpered, looking up at him, she could barely make out his face in the dark."I would've wanted to name him Jackson...isn't that a beautiful name? Our little Jax."

"Stop it. Don't torture yourself like this. Just let it go baby. It's the best thing you can do, let it go." He pleaded stroking her blonde locks again. She was quiet and he began to fall asleep again,

"You know...when we get some time off I wanna take you to somewhere very special for me." She whispered,

"Hm?" He hummed softly,

"It's the place I love most in the world aside from LA." She explained softly,

"Mhm." He nodded,

"Then from there...If you're ok with it...I wanna take you to meet my dad." She whispered,

"Hm?" He questioned, she traced her finger softly along his hip.

"Yeah. He was buried in Mexico, in the town he was from...some bullshit about a family plot...but I've never been." She sniffled, "and I was hoping you'd go with me. It's something I'd like to share with you...I want to meet him...we can meet him together."

"Of course baby." He yawned, his eyes were shutting again,

"And then...maybe I can take a year or two off...and we can finally have a kid...or two...you can finish up your career and retire...and then I can go back...or we can switch off every few years if you want baby."

"Mmhm..." He yawned, she was finally quiet and he thought he would be able to sleep.

"Do you have a dream, Phil?" She asked softly, he groaned

"Well, I would if I could get some fucking sleep." He sighed, he sat up slightly.

"C'mon." She slurred slightly as she said it, "What is it?" She managed to say normally,

"I don't know. I guess...my main event at Wrestlemania. That would be great. That's what I've worked my whole life for you know."

"Yeah. Sounds like mine...but mines changed now..."

"Changed how?"

"Now it includes you. Imagine? Our first match against each other at Wrestlemania. It'd be beautiful. I wouldn't even care if I lost." She mused, "I mean I've had a lot of firsts with you baby." He laughed,

"Yeah..." He mused as he remembered, he could hear her breathing slowing down,"Now go to sleep chatterbox." He kissed the top of her head, "goodnight."