Going Home

2072

Oliver stared at Noah as he drove. He was such a beautiful boy. His wine stained curly hair framed his face perfectly and he never seemed to have a lock out of place. Oliver let his mind wander back to the night they first met at the club. He wasn't in the mood to be out that night, but Will wasn't hearing it out of him.

"Ollie, You have been moping around this flat for eight months", Will said.

He didn't understand. Sam had been Oliver's world. He had his problems and things had come to a head and Ollie knew he made the right choice. Sometimes doing the right thing could still feel so wrong and it pained him to remember Sam's face when he told him it was over. Oliver knew no matter how much he loved Sam it wasn't going to bring them through this. Not this time. No, not this heartbreaking time.

Oliver eventually agreed and he and Will were having a great time. He had drank several cranberry vodkas and he was definitely drunk. His mind was reeling and his body felt warm and a little fuzzy, but it was a freeing kind of drunk. He needed this so badly and hadn't even realized it. As he was heading to the toilets he bumped into someone and he felt the heat rise and his face flush.

"I am so sorry", Ollie said.

You're totally fine, said Noah as he brushed the gin and tonic from his shirt. He reached out at the same time in one fluid movement and grabbed Oliver at the elbow to help steady him. Oliver's mind was too fuzzy to think straight, but when he looked up he found himself gazing into the most beautiful blue eyes he had ever seen. The usually loud and boisterous man found himself searching his mind for words. He turned without another word and open the door to the toilets. To Oliver's surprise when he returned Noah was stood by the door waiting.

"I am sorry, I didn't get your name." Noah said.

"Um, it's um, Oliver...Ollie...Oliver Ward"

Noah chuckled a bit,"are you sure?"

Oliver blushed at the memory. Noah's voice was soft and melodic and had entranced him more than he would like to admit over the last eighteen months. My God had it been that long? He knew it had, but the time had flown by.

Noah slammed on the brakes and Oliver was shocked back to the present. Noah's arm went across Oliver's chest instinctively. "You okay?", he said as they watched as the deer cleared the roadway. "I am okay, Love." Oliver responded. Noah didn't know what he would do if anything happened to Ollie. His Ollie. Noah had planned this trip for weeks and he knew Oliver was nervous, but he knew his family would just adore him. His family had a long line of incredible love stories, and he was anxious to share his beloved with them. He pulled Oliver's hand to his lips and brushed a soft tender kiss across his knuckles. They were nearly there and he knew his love's nerves were likely running amok.

Oliver pulls him from his thoughts when he begins to speak. "What is your family like, Love?" Noah thought for a moment. "Dad will be the one to give you a warm welcome and Mom will seem a little detached, but don't let her fool you. She has a soft side too. I am anxious for you to meet my grandparents as well." He says.

As they pull in the drive Oliver realizes his stomach is flip flopping and he squeezes his eyes shut. "Babe, I knew you came from money, but you didn't tell me you came from MONEY." Noah chuckled, "Love, don't let the outside of the house worry you. The real wealth is inside. You'll see." Noah took Oliver's hand and kissed his cheek. "Come on, Ollie, let me introduce you to my family."

Noah didn't knock he just wandered in and led Oliver through the foyer down a hall and through the door to the kitchen where he knew they would find most of the family. A man that looked like an older version of Noah but with curly brown hair with grey starting to fill in at his temples turned from the stove top and came across the room. He embraced the two and welcomed them with the same soft and melodious tone Noah had.

Reed was taller then Noah but the family resemblance was undeniable. "Son, it is so good to have you home again. This must be Ollie" he says turning to the blonde man standing next to his son. "We are so happy to finally be meeting you." He welcomed them in and then went back to the waffles he was preparing for the family's breakfast.

He was followed by Noah's mom who was more gorgeous than Noah had described. She move toward them with grace almost as if she were floating across the kitchen floor. She had an impeccable style and absolutely beautiful long black hair. When she greeted Oliver she said she was happy to meet him with a barely there smile, but it was a warm smile that seemed to assure him that he was indeed welcome. She told Oliver that he could call her Emma, but he notice she hadn't embraced him the way Reed had. Was this what Noah was talking about in the car?

After she walked away Noah raised an eyebrow and winked at him. He found himself starting to become really nervous and then Noah said,"there is someone I want you to meet. I am sure she will make you feel better." He took his hand and allowed himself to be led further into the room.

"Gran, I would like you to meet Ollie. Ollie, this is my Gran, Charlotte.

A/N:

Hello all my fellow TNN lovers.
First, I want to say, the day Charlotte came across my fyp I was struggling as a parent and the video inspired me to work harder, be better. She didn't make me a perfect parent, but she made me a better parent. This week my four year old refused to let a grown up change him because he understood consent. That is all down to Charlotte to be honest because it was something I instilled in him because of her. Her skits have helped me immensely and for that I am grateful.

When the storylines came along I began to fall in love with her characters. I laughed with them and I cried with them. I rooted for them through it all as I know many of you did. And like many of you I also forget that she plays all of the characters sometimes.

Finally, if you made it this far, thank you. I hope you stick around awhile because Noah and Ollie are about to learn all about the long game.