Grandma Charlotte

2072 cont.

Oliver greeted Charlotte with warmth and a broad smile. "I am really happy to meet you, ma'am." Oliver said. He stuck out his hand to shake, but Charlotte drew him into a warm hug that made him wish his own grandmother had been more affectionate.

Noah and Charlotte chatted away about their travel there, and Oliver chuckled as Charlotte chided Noah to be careful of the deer. Noah gave his best, yet sincere look of remorse. He knew Charlotte loved him dearly and was truly concerned for their safety. He would never mock her for that. He was far too kind-hearted.

She turned her attention to Oliver and said, "you'll have to keep an eye on our Noah. He has a little bit too much of his other two grandmothers in him." Noah saw the look of confusion come across Oliver's face and began to explain when Charlotte cut him off.

"Noah, why don't you go help your dad", she said. "Leave your young man with me. I would love to get to know him better."

Charlotte turned to Oliver and said, "Now, tell me about yourself, Oliver". Oliver told her all about the small village he grew up in and about his family. She asked what he did for work and he explained that he was a nurse in a hospital. They chatted at long length about the ups and downs of working in careers where it is your responsibility to care for people.

"So, you said you were a nursery nurse? Oliver asked. "How did you decide to go into that line of work?"

Charlotte chuckled ever so softly at the memory. "I started because I wanted to be near my children when they went to nursery, but Ollie, that decision changed the path of my life forever."

Oliver looked at her with a look that said he was content to let her go on. A soft smile crossed her face and she began to tell him about how it all started.

"My word, it must have been 2013 when I started working at the Knight Nursery ", she said.