Date Night

Mia knocked on Carly's door. It was now or never. She was already getting ready for her date night with Eric. They had come home just for the weekend for Carly's little sister's fourteenth birthday party, but since that wasn't until Saturday they had decided to do a date night tonight and then she would stay at Marjorie and Reece's place the rest of the weekend.

Carly let her in, but Mia stood there silently. She was wearing a green jumper and gray baggy cargo pants. They were used to seeing her in baggy clothes, but this was an odd outfit for a date. At least to Mia. "What sort of date are you two going on. It seems..." Mia searched for the word. "Casual."

Carly made a face. "Mia, not everyone can afford fancy dates, and not everyone needs them. I bet if you took Char on a simple date, she would love it just as much as she does all those fancy places you take her." Mia thought about the waterfall the day they found out about the twins and Reed. Carly wasn't wrong. Charlotte loved those simple little dates. She stored that in the back of her head for the next time they went out.

"Look, Carly, I came in here because I may have misunderstood some things about your relationship, and I wanted to talk to you about it before you go tonight." Mia looked down before continuing. "Carly my life was a lot different than yours, and I started having intimate relationships with people early. It wasn't always for the best. I assumed that you and Eric already were or at the least had with someone before now. I am sorry about the comment about the house. It wasn't meant to push you into any situations that you aren't ready for, so I apologize." She took a deep breath and looked back up at Carly. "That being said I want you to be safe. We don't care if you stay at the house by yourself or with him, but I really don't want you to feel the need to do it just because that is an option. Sex complicates things, Carly, and it changes the dynamic of any relationship. Let alone one that is like yours. Where neither of you have ever done it before."

Carly just stood there for a minute. She wasn't shocked by Mia's words, but she was a little shocked they had come from Mia. "Mia, I appreciate you coming in here tonight to talk to me, but I am not seventeen anymore. I am almost twenty and to be fair I have spent so many years with you lot and had so many talks that I am secure in my own decision making. You all have taught me for years. Talks with Marjorie, Reece, Charlotte, and even you on occasion. I learned how to stand up for myself and advocate for myself... and love myself, Mia. If we make the decision to move to the next step it will be the most well informed decision. Because, seriously, you lot never shut up." They both laughed.

After Mia left the room she pulled a few more things together and texted Eric that she was on her way. They had brought his car this time, but since she was staying out here and he in town near the park, she drove it rather than him dropping her and picking her up. There was a concert in the park, and she was actually excited about enjoying some time with him just sitting on a blanket listening to music.

The drive passed quickly, and she was pulling in his drive. He was outside waiting on her. He did this sometimes when they were "home." It wasn't that Agatha didn't like her. It was more that she didn't know how to keep her nose out of it, and Eric didn't want her asking a million questions. They would be late if she started in.

They arrived and found a nice spot for their blanket. She had packed them a little picnic. Nothing over the top, but he enjoyed it. He held onto her as the concert started and they truly enjoyed being in each other's presence.

As they were heading back to the car, he hoisted her on to his back and carried her piggyback the rest of the way. She had worn her hair down tonight, and he was loving the change. But he had one more thing he wanted to do before he took her home.

"Where are we going?"

"You'll see."

He pulled into the little ice cream shop. "Do you remember when I asked if you wanted to go for ice cream?" She nodded and felt a little sad for him. "Well, this is where I brought myself. I really did go by myself. Both times. So, I thought maybe tonight we could grab an ice cream together?"

"I would love to."

Finally, after all these years they sat and had ice cream together. They talked for hours until the shop was about to close. They had to move on, and both were sad to have to leave each other's presence and go to their respective homes.

"What if we didn't have to?" She asked. "There is a place we could go."

As they pulled in the drive it started to rain and they ran for the door giggling at how they must look. She pulled the key out and slid it into the lock. He looked down at her. "Are you sure?" She leaned in and kissed him before pushing the door open.

 "Are you sure?" She leaned in and kissed him before pushing the door open