November Rain

Mia and Autumn had made plans to get together for the first time since the Halloween revelations, and Charlotte could tell she was on edge. She had spent most of the day snuggled up on the couch reading a book, but all the loud sighs weren't lost on Charlotte. She wanted to talk to her, but she also wanted to give her the space and time to process. So, she made herself available and reassured her with touch. Leaving the ball squarely in Mia's court.

Mia took a peek at Char over her book. She had made herself available all day and Mia felt reassured by her presence. The girls had played in their rooms most of the day. They might not know what is going on, but they were giving her space. Mia had never had that kind of support, and she was feeling a bit overwhelmed. One thing she knew for sure was that their family really knew how to rally around each other, and Mia felt so blessed to call them hers. She and Charlotte were building the family she had never had. A smile crossed her face as she thought of it.

"Char, can I ask a question?" Charlotte's head popped up at the sudden interruption of her thoughts. "Sure my love," she replied. "Our family is already so lovely and I don't want you to think I am unhappy, but how would you feel about us having more children?"

Charlotte was a bit taken aback. She had assumed that Mia was thinking about Autumn. "Well, you are a great mum to the girls, so I have thought about it," she replied. "Really?" Mia asked. "Yeah, I mean, of course I have."

Mia's eyes dazzled and it made Charlotte laugh a little. They didn't decide any details, but they were definitely going to expand their family and both of their hearts soared as the dream seemed to be within reach now.

Mia had to pull herself from the thought for now and get ready to meet Autumn. Mia kind of hated that Autumn had chosen to meet at the bar. That meant that Autumn felt she needed the wine to buffer their interaction.

She arrived first and ordered a gin and tonic before sitting at a table to wait for Autumn. It wasn't long before she saw the bespectacled brunette enter the bar, and her stomach went into knots. Autumn gave her a crooked smile which was more than she could ask for she guessed.

The conversation started out as heavy as Mia had feared. There was a lot Mia had to answer for, but she was just going to have to bite back the snark and sarcasm if she hoped to fix this. The hurt wasn't going to go away in one conversation, but it was a start. She was grateful for the chance because she knew Autumn had every right not to want to reconcile. The guilt gnawed away at her.

She looked up and suddenly Autumn had a genuine full face smile. If Mia weren't so shocked she would have thought she was about to laugh. "Do you remember that time you snuck in and slept over? You and Reece must have been about fifteen at the time which meant I was around twelve I guess. You and I decided to play a prank on Reece and make him believe you had cut your finger off whilst slicing apples. Him fainting and falling to the floor was one of the highlights of my childhood. You laughed so hard you almost wet yourself. I can't believe I almost forgot that," she said.

They both laughed and Mia thought for the first time that this might actually happen. They might be able to be sisters.