Celebration of Love

Mia and Charlotte had made the decision, after their impromptu nuptials, that they would go ahead with the reception on the original day. They turned it into a celebration and took all the pressure off. They threw out the seating chart and told the caterers to expect the entire amount they had invited minus those who had already said they couldn't make it. Charlotte was so relaxed now with all the pressure off.

That morning Mia woke early and looked fondly at Char. She didn't know if the excitement of waking to her wife would ever subside. She had a beautiful wife and now two beautiful children. Life was full of surprises for Amelia Roberts. As a smile crossed her face, Charlotte sleepily reached out trying to pull her back into a slumber state. "Charlotte Roberts!" Mia playfully chastised. "You know full well we have a very busy day. Come on, sweetheart, get up for me."

Charlotte allowed the smile to spread across her face. She loved hearing Mia call her by her full name. She was excited for today and not at all nervous thanks to Mia. At first she had felt incredibly guilty that Mia had given up the big wedding, but Mia had reassured her that she actually loved the wedding they had so much better. It was better than anything that she had dreamed it would be because she got to marry Char. She looked at the beautiful redhead next to her. Her mean redhead.

Charlotte had been surprised to see Autumn standing up with Mia at the wedding. They hadn't really healed things between the two of them, but she could see Mia was trying. Maybe for now that was all they could do. Try.

The celebration was in full swing and their dinner was being served. Mia had made sure their was a wide variety of delicious food available. The drinks were free flowing which concerned Char a little, but everyone was enjoying themselves. Their friends and all of Char's family came. Mia's mother didn't come, but her brother arrived and was enjoying himself.

Mia smiled at Char and gave her a kiss pulling her back to the present. Charlotte stood and asked for everyone's attention before she began speaking.

If you would have told me a year ago that I would be divorced from my then husband and spend the year falling in love with this beautiful woman, I would have laughed you into the middle of next week. It is no secret that when I met Amelia, I was guarded and feeling fiercely protective of my friends. God we all know she gave me plenty of reasons not to like her, but I never quite managed it. After we talked the day I got her fired, I knew I was falling in love with her. We spent much of the year separated by thousands of miles, but I was realizing I never felt so close to anyone in my life. Thankfully she was feeling the same things. When she came home for good and our life together started in earnest she wasn't just there for me. She first became a trusted adult to my children and then a mum to them. She showed us everyday that she was all in, and I will forever be grateful for that. Amelia, you will forever be my mean redhead and the greatest love of this and every lifetime.

Mia kissed Char tenderly and everyone cheered. The girls, who had been running around the tables came to the table with Mia and Char. Lynn and Lucy said in unison, "Congratulations Mum and Mummy!" Everyone chuckled as the girls took off again to go find Carly.

As the night grew on everyone was dancing. As they danced slowly in the middle of the dance floor Reece came and asked to cut in. Charlotte yielded with a smile and walked away.

"Mia, I wanted you to know how proud I am of you," he said. She felt the tears well up in her eyes. "I know it hasn't been perfect, but I can see you are really trying. I feel like we are getting to glimpse a little of the old Mia again, and I can't tell you how much that means to me." He hugged her closely as they danced. "I really hope you and me and Autumn can continue to work on our friendships. We didn't deserve what they did to us. You didn't deserve what father did to you. I hope you know that." She couldn't hold back anymore and sobbed into his shoulder.

The celebration was coming to an end and the couple was saying their goodbyes to all their guests. They were exhausted both emotionally and physically. It had been a great day.