Fortunate Son

A/N
Well this worked out perfectly. I wrote this chapter a few days ago, but it was slated for today. So, happy 6 months  to Marjoreece with a semi Marjoreece centric chapter. ~ Aidey

Autumn read over the bank accounts. "I think the best thing to do is to divide the funds and transfer them to each of our personal accounts. We will need documents to do so. These accounts have been accruing interest for decades, but they are in Max and Lily's names. As for these investment accounts we should really talk to a professional. I don't know enough about the portfolio to make a decision. One thing is for sure the are worth billions. Max got in early on some big names before they were big names."

Reece and Mia poured over the businesses and noticed that they were all doing very well. The question was who had been running them all these years. If Max and Lily were dead, and other then the nurseries,Roger hadn't known about any of this. Mia looked up, "look Reece there has been a management company all these years. They have been collecting a hefty fee for the last fifteen years. Almost quadruple the amount from years prior to that. We will need to look into that." Reece nodded in agreement.

Marjorie, Winter and Charlotte were sort of hovering between the kitchen and dining room. They wanted to be at the ready in case any of their respective partners needed anything. Marjorie noticed Char looked particularly worried and wondered if she thought Mia might go off the rails or something. Roger had taken Mia's life from her, and Marjorie couldn't imagine what these past few months must have been like for her. She remembered that Mia liked tea, so she decided to start the kettle. When she sat the cup down for Mia, the redhead looked up at her and raised an eyebrow. She went back to the paper work with a barely audible thanks.

Marjorie had expected a snarky comment, but when none came she was stood there dumbfounded. Mia let a smile cross her face but continued her work.

It was getting later in the day, and char and Winter were looking at menus to order takeaway when Reese started to organize the kitchen to cook. "Reece, we can just order takeaway," Char said.

"No, I need this to clear my head. This is a lot, Char. He did horrible things to us and we could have been raised by two loving parents. He took that from us. From Aut and Mia. It hurts. To know I am related to him. That I am the only one related to him. And Aut she lost both of her biological parents that day. He might have been the man under father on her documents, but she wasn't his to take. She wasn't his to destroy." He was crying and Charlotte wrapped her arms around him. Winter excused himself and went after Marjorie. When they returned, Marjorie took Char's place and held him until he caught his breath again.

"My love, let's get takeaway," she said.

"No, just give me an hour and we can all eat. I am sorry. I didn't mean to scare you."

She shook her head. "My love, you didn't scare me. I am worried for you. This is too much! In four months you found out so much about your past that you didn't know! We are going to have a baby in less than four months, and now the three of you are sat out there trying to figure out what to do with the aftermath! I am worried, Reece, not scared."

Marjorie hadn't realized that her voice had raised or that tears were streaming down her face, but when she turned around everyone was stood there. Char grabbed her and led her to the lounge. Aut and Mia went to Reece and they began to cook. Together. Like they were kids again.