My Love, My Sweet

Winter raced back to the house. He didn't know how he would find her and he was nervous. She had asked him to stay and in one of her most vulnerable moments he panicked. He didn't even say a word to her. He just picked up his bag and left.

He had married a goddess, and never missed a chance to call her his wife. Now he would have to face her wrath if he had any chance of being forgiven. As he pulled in the drive, his stomach flipped, and he had a thickness in his throat.

He screwed up his courage and walked through the door. It was quiet, but then he heard the sound of toddlers giggling in the lounge. He didn't dare walk in. He was stood in the doorway, but she sensed him. She turned to him, and he saw what he had done on her face. He couldn't bear the thought of it and buried his face in his hands. How had he caused so much pain?

She moved so swiftly towards him that Marjorie was concerned she was going to hit him and pulled the children away. Autumn's arms went up and Marjorie braced herself and pulled the children closer to her. When Autumn made contact both Winter and Marjorie were surprised. She pulled him into the deepest embrace, and whispered, "my sweet."

They excused themselves to Marjorie and asked if she would keep an eye on Lili for a bit. Then they made their way upstairs. As they sat wrapped in each other's arms he replayed the conversation with Reece for her.

"My love, I am so sorry. Last night when you asked me to stay, I panicked. I was already feeling so raw and vulnerable. Then you came in and bared your soul to me and I didn't know how to cope. But downstairs... seeing the pain I have caused you ... it nearly broke me."

"Wint, I wish I had known what your mum had said to you, but I know that it wouldn't have been easy for you to share. I hope Reece has made you realize that I have never felt that way. The money. All of it. I don't care how much money you make or don't make. This ..." She gestured between the two of them. " has never been about that for me. My life revolves around you and our little girl. I don't need anything else and I never will. But I do need you."

She placed the softest kiss on his lips. "Forever"

He had never realized. Maybe never allowed himself to realize how much he meant to her. To him, she was a goddess to be worshipped and adored, but he had never allowed himself to believe that she cherished him in the same way.

Over the next several months he did the work. He went to trauma therapy and he saw Veronica twice a week. It wasn't always perfect, but it kept him home with his girls, and to him that was worth more than anything money could've bought him. He remained separate from his mother until the day of her death, but that is a story for another day.

AN: I have seen the recent increase in follows, reads, and votes, and I wanted to thank all of you. When I started writing this I wasn't sure anyone would read it, but you lot came anyway. This story is far from over, and I hope you continue to enjoy it as much as I enjoy writing it.

Please find a special art installation honoring our goddess and short king on instagram and TikTok: @artbywill79