Amelia Roberts

2024

Charlotte was in her own little world as she headed to her car in the car park.

"You alright, Charlotte?", a man said.

Charlotte was startled at first, but recognized Cora's dad. She smiled and said, "oh, hi, you hear to collect Cora?"

Mia watched the interaction and noticed that Char was becoming increasingly uncomfortable. She was finally close enough to hear the conversation when she noticed Charlotte's smile had faded.

"I would say I am sad, but now you are available," he said.

At this point Mia had heard enough and interrupted, "she most definitely is not available."  Who did this little toad think he was?

"Do you mind? We're tryin to have a conversation here?" She smiled at Char, but was feeling a bit irked as well.

Mia chuckled. "Trust me you are not her type," Mia said in her usual sensual voice.

Charlotte looked at her and smiled. She heard the playfulness in her voice and knew Mia was having a little fun telling him off.

Charlotte smiled when he insisted she could tell him herself. "I like mean redheads."

Mia told him to scram and then chastised her a bit for being so nice to him. Charlotte was always nice to them. She was fearful if she made them angry things would escalate. Mia was going on about making a scene and making them uncomfortable. It was easy for Mia. She loved toying with people, but Charlotte was softer and wasn't sure she could do that. A smile crossed her face though when Mia said to bark at them if she had to.

"Okay, that makes sense.", she said.

"Good, because I am not always going to be here to protect you.", Mia said.

"Speaking of, why are you here?", Charlotte replied. She was toying with her a bit. Reece had already told her that Mia had been asking about her schedule and when she would get off today.

Mia told Charlotte that this was their anniversary. Of course, not of their first date. It was the day Charlotte got Mia fired. Charlotte was never proud of what she had done. She felt terrible and said as much to Mia, but all Mia could do was smile. Every time she was with Char she smiled so much her cheeks hurt.

Mia said, "I don't. I love that you did that. That devious little mind of yours. That was the moment I fell in love with you..." The last word dropped off, and Mia's eyes turned downward. She hadn't meant to say that. She had never said it to anyone, and she hadn't meant to be the first one to say it.

Charlotte was a bit shocked, but a smile spread across her face. "The moment, you what?" Mia just squinted her eyes at her. "You heard." Mia responded.

Charlotte knew Mia wasn't use to such emotional declarations and decided she would give her a break. "FYI, I didn't forget our anniversary." Char said. A smile spread back across Mia's face. "Yes, you did," Mia said. "No, I didn't because looking back I realized that that was actually the moment I fell in love with you too." She replied pulling a single black rose from her bag and handed it to Mia. She would never forget the beautiful bouquet of black roses Mia had sent her for her tenth anniversary at work.

A look of shock crossed Mia's face. "How did you?" Char cut her off and told her Reece told her that Mia had called asking about her shift for today and she knew that they were probably thinking the same thing. They both wished each other happy anniversary and were looking lovingly at each other when Mia said, " I am going to kick Reece's gossipy little ass!"

"Amelia!", Charlotte responded in her "behave" tone.

Mia actually found herself trying to misbehave around Char just so she could hear her say her name that way. It drove her wild. She pulled her in for a soft kiss and then said, "come on, we have plans." Mia had already talked to Jack and asked if he could take the girls for the next two nights, so that was sorted. All they had to do was pack Charlotte up and they would be off. She filled Charlotte in about the girls as they made the short drive to Charlotte's house. Charlotte's nose wrinkled. She knew something was off with him yesterday when she ask him to keep the girls for the night. He never could keep a secret well.