The Party

Marjorie was running around the house with Emery propped on her hip trying to tidy up before their guests arrived. She absolutely loved when they all got together. Some of them rarely saw each other anymore except at these dinners. She was however excited that Carly was already in town and able to attend.

Reece was already busy in the kitchen. Her thoughts traveled to when they all use to gather in the kitchen and talk as he cooked. Part of her missed those times, but with all the children the kitchen hang outs had given way to the group hanging out in the lounge watching all of their children form friendships.

"Marjorie!" Reece shook her from her thought. Sorscha. Clodagh and the children have arrived. She quickly turned to the task at hand. She met their gaze in the doorway. "Hi, my loves! It has been a while. How are the children?"

"Grand, Marjorie, we are all grand!" Sorscha looked truly happy. Parenthood, although sometimes filled with anxiety, looked even better on her with two little ones. The way she doted over Quinn and Aidan warmed Marjorie's heart.

Siobhan, Viv and Jamey came along next, and Marjorie chuckled when she saw Jamey make a beeline for Quinn. They had become fast friends and were so alike. They often played without a word, but always together.

When the Roberts arrived, the gig was up. Emery along with their three boys made up the fantastic four and they were a whirlwind. Four curly haired boys taking on the adventure of toddlerhood. They really were something else. She also adored how their girls always jumped right in with the little ones. Of course, as soon as Carly arrived, they would disappear. They had been her shadow for years.

Just then Carly came in and pulled Marjorie into a hug. How had this girl become so grown? She missed seeing her face everyday. "Congratulations, Marjorie! I can't believe there is going to be another Knight baby!" She may have aged, but the happy, overjoyed girl never failed to let her emotions shine through.

Autumn made her way to the kitchen to see Reece while Winter brought Liliana into the lounge. Mia scooped her right from his arms and snuggled her in. "Auntie Mia has missed you princess! Let's go see Aunt Char and the boys. The little girl had hair as dark as Winter's pulled up with a red ribbon. That when paired with Autumn shade of blue eyes made her look a little like Snow White.

Mia left Liliana to play with her cousins and went to the kitchen to check on Reece. He and Autumn were already engaged in conversation when she arrived. "Sibling meeting without me?" They all laughed. The years hadn't always been kind to them, but this last year had brought more joy than sorrow, and the three were well aware how lucky they really were to have lived it together.

They all gathered in the dining room fitting themselves around the table when Reece Began to speak.

"Thank you all for coming tonight. I know it was short notice and kind of an early night. We are so proud to call all of you our family. You know we invited you all here tonight because Marjorie and I are going to have another baby. We never expected this but we are overjoyed. We also wanted to share that we have finally gotten married. Viv and Siobhan we were ever so happy to have you with us on our big day." He had given them an in, but wasn't going to push for them to share their news as well.

Siobhan smiled and gave Viv a little nod. Viv spoke up. "Bon and I were happy to have you with us as well. We will always be proud to share our anniversary with such amazing friends." Looks of recognition went around the table before one by one their friends got up and congratulated both couples.