Chapter 19

When Luo Yan entered the room, she found Huanxue busy reconciling the accounts. “Dear, didn’t we already settle these accounts?” she asked.

Huanxue looked up at her husband and replied, “Yes, but I’m reviewing what we need to prepare for tonight's meals and how much we need for tomorrow. Can you get it all done today? I just calculated, and there’s quite a bit to make!”

Seeing the worried expression on her wife’s face, Luo Yan smiled and walked over to comfort her. “You don’t need to worry, Wang Ji and his family will be back soon to help us. Plus, the township head came to bring support!”

“But how are you going to pay your workers? Wang Ji’s family has quite a few members, and Xiao Xu’s family does too.”

“Don’t fret, dear. I’m only bringing in two families from the township head. There will be enough help in the village to manage the cooking tasks. Just trust that I can finish everything early today.” Once those two families were confirmed, they could all get to work without any issue.

Huanxue took a deep breath, feeling reassured. “That sounds wonderful. I was really worried before you came home.”

“Don't worry, my love. Now about that new account book of yours, let’s take it to the living room.”

“Why are we taking the account book over?” Huanxue asked, puzzled.

“There are a few families from the village who grew tea leaves and are here to sell them to us. The quality seems decent, so they’re bringing some over,” Luo Yan explained.

“Okay,” Huanxue said.

After that, Luo Yan took her wife’s hand and led her to the living room. “Gentlemen, my wife will register today’s delivery in the accounts. From now on, it will be done this way. If we need more, we will let you know in advance.”

“Alright!” the men replied joyfully.

Huanxue approached to inspect the tea leaves brought by the uncles. The quality was indeed impressive, much better than the loose tea her husband had purchased before.

After confirming the quality, she sat down beside Luo Yan, picked up a brush, and began recording the transactions. In the end, she asked the men to leave their handprints as a signature.

Once Huanxue finished up, Luo Yan addressed the group: “If possible, I’d like to sign a contract next time you come.

For the next five years, we agree to keep the prices stable. During these five years, if you can provide tea leaves that are three years or older, I will accept them.

If I can help clear your stock within these five years, we can negotiate again afterward. How does that sound to you, gentlemen?”

The township head and Old Man Luo both felt that this arrangement was quite good, and they quickly hinted at the other men to agree. The men, seeing the approving glances exchanged between the township head and Old Man Luo, responded enthusiastically, “Of course, that sounds great!”

“Alright, next time, I’d like the township head and Old Man Luo to come and witness the signing. Everything should be clear and formal,” Luo Yan stated.

The men could hardly contain their excitement, exclaiming, “That sounds wonderful!”

After a few more pleasantries, Luo Yan saw the men off. The two families to be hired were now confirmed: one was a neighboring household, and the other was from a family slightly in front of Luo Yan’s home.

When making her choices, Luo’s mother had taken all of her daughter's conditions into account, which led to the final selection. Both families maintained good relations with theirs, and whenever their women were mistreated by outsiders, the men and mothers-in-law from these families would step in to protect them. They were truly solid choices.