Chapter 55

After lying down with Huanxue for a while, Xiao Han finished breakfast and had the staff bring the food up.

Luo Yan said, “Time to get up and eat breakfast, Snow.”

Huanxue groggily replied, “Mm, alright.” She still felt a bit sleepy, but her stomach was also growling with hunger, so she decided to get up and eat.

After finishing breakfast, Huanxue picked up her book to continue reading. Luo Yan took the opportunity to review the places they had visited yesterday, planning to avoid any overlaps for today’s outing.

Near noon, Jiang Nian arrived at the inn to see Luo Yan.

“Luo Gongzi, I’m here today to discuss the work in detail. If I complete the investigation… how should I contact you? We need to clarify all of these details,” he said.

Luo Yan replied, “Alright, please sit down, Jiang Gongzi. Let’s talk slowly.”

Luo Yan and Jiang Nian spoke for quite some time, covering all the specifics. Luo Yan provided a detailed explanation of the job requirements.

At noon, Luo Yan invited Jiang Nian to stay for lunch. In the afternoon, Luo Yan planned an early outing with Huanxue. The reason was to ensure they could rest early and wake up refreshed for their return journey the next morning.

After finishing breakfast, Huanxue had Xiao Han take the letter to be sent off.

In the evening, they returned much earlier than the previous day. Luo Yan told everyone to rest well, as they would be setting off early in the morning.

As it happened, today it was Huanxue who washed up first, with Luo Yan following behind. Since they were heading out early, Huanxue must have had a great time today, right?

Luo Yan asked, “Snow, did you enjoy yourself today?”

Huanxue responded brightly, “Mm, I had a lot of fun!”

“Good.”

Because they would be leaving the next morning, Luo Yan held her wife close and they went to bed early.

The next day as they set off, they purchased a lot of dry rations at the market in the capital. They spent the day traveling, stopping for a simple rest at noon.

After several days of travel, Xiao Han felt they were getting closer to Yunchong County. The image of Liyue appeared in her mind… she wondered if she would get to see her.

On the journey from the capital to Yunchong County, Luo Yan had managed to earn a substantial amount of money. At first, both Cang Dong and Hong Chun were stunned, unable to believe it, but they gradually accepted Luo Yan’s remarkable ability to make money.

It was incredible; it was as if he were a money-printing machine! Luo Yan’s talents were truly impressive—she was indeed someone favored by the emperor.

When they arrived in Yunchong County, Xiao Han encountered Liyue. Seeing her made Xiao Han’s heart race wildly. In her fluster, she spoke a couple of hasty sentences before hurriedly leaving…

Liyue stood still, watching Xiao Han dash away in a panic. “Tsk, why does Xiao Han seem a bit cute?” she pondered. It looked like she would have to pay a visit to Luo Yan.

Liyue had come out to buy pastries and unexpectedly ran into Xiao Han, learning that Luo Yan was on her way home now.

She bought some additional items and headed towards the inn that Xiao Han had mentioned, carrying the pastries she had just purchased.

It was nearing noon; last night, Luo Yan and the others had traveled until it was dark before finally reaching Yunchong County. After finding an inn, they had a good meal before heading off to rest. Luo Yan decided they would take a day to recuperate and continue traveling the next day.

When Xiao Han reached the inn, she handed the food she bought to Huanxue but didn’t mention that she had seen Miss Liyue. To her surprise, it wasn’t long before Liyue came to visit…

Seeing Liyue made Xiao Han extremely nervous. On one hand, she was debating whether or not to tell Huanxue that she had just met this person…

Luo Yan asked, “Liyue, why have you come here? How did you know I would be in Yunchong County today?”

Xiao Han: …

---

**Author's Note:** 
(*???*;) 
Xiao Han: Danger~ 
Liyue: Think carefully before you speak! 
Xiao Han: …