Chapter 54

Luo Yan carried Huanxue on her back for a while, then had Hong Chun call for the carriage, and they all took it back to the inn together.

Once they arrived at the inn, Luo Yan instructed everyone to return to their rooms to rest. The reason she didn’t have anyone stationed for guard duty was that she had already noticed someone was secretly protecting her. It was likely a group arranged by her brother.

That evening, Huanxue washed up first. After spending a long time out and about in the night market, she felt utterly exhausted returning home.

While they were out having fun in the capital, she hadn’t felt fatigued, but now she felt as if her bones were about to give out, and she had no strength left. She comfortably lay in the bath for a long time, waiting until the water cooled before getting up to leave.

As she walked past the curtain, she noticed her wife diligently writing. Huanxue couldn’t tell what she was writing or who it was for.

Huanxue called out, “I’m done washing up; you should get cleaned up too.”

Hearing Huanxue's voice, Luo Yan immediately turned around to look at her. “Okay.”

Turning back, Luo Yan set down the brush. After a moment of thought, she decided it was better to finish the letter before washing; there were a few more things she wanted to write.

“I’ll wash up after I finish the letter. Snow, you can rest on the bed first.”

Huanxue replied with a soft, “Alright,” and didn’t say anything more as she walked over to the bed and lay down.

Luo Yan wrote for a little while and then placed the letter on the table to dry, intending to fold it up after she finished washing.

Huanxue heard her wife beginning to undress to take a bath and couldn’t resist her curiosity. She got up from the bed to sneak a glance at Luo Yan’s writing.

Looking over briefly, Huanxue saw that it was a letter to her parents, probably informing them that she and Luo Yan would be returning soon and reassuring them not to worry.

Huanxue felt guilty for peeking; it seemed she would need to learn to trust her wife more in the future.

However, Luo Yan was so wonderful—she had noticed many girls looking at her while they were out at the market today. Hmph! It was hard to believe that her wife didn’t notice the attention she attracted.

But being overly suspicious wasn’t good either; she needed to learn to control herself better.

After some internal struggle, Huanxue returned to the bed and waited for her wife to finish her bath.

Luo Yan finished her shower quickly and emerged soon after. She first packed the letter and placed it on the table to be sent out tomorrow.

Once settled, Huanxue leaned over and hugged her tightly. “What’s wrong?” Luo Yan instinctively asked.

“It’s nothing,” Huanxue replied, but deep down, it was something. She felt a sudden wave of insecurity. Despite being her wife, Luo Yan was talented and kind, igniting a sense of urgency within Huanxue to possess her more completely.

“I’ll send the letter to my parents first thing in the morning,” Luo Yan reassured her. “I’ll have Xiao Han come keep you company, and once the letter is sent, I’ll come back right away.”

“Why don’t you let Xiao Han go on her own?” Huanxue suggested.

Luo Yan hesitated. “Well, it’s a bit awkward for me to say. Xiao Han is your maid and technically part of your family; I wouldn’t feel right giving her orders…”

“Alright, then I’ll ask her to go tomorrow morning,” Huanxue said.

“That works too. I’ll follow my wife’s decision,” Luo Yan agreed, relieved to avoid going out if she didn’t have to.

“Mm~”

Suddenly, Huanxue protested, “No, no, husband! I’m really... so tired tonight.” She sensed that her wife was about to be affectionate again and quickly tried to stop her.

Seeing Huanxue's concern for her, Luo Yan felt invigorated. Wow, her wife was genuinely exhausted from their outing today; it had been quite a day…

“Alright, I understand,” Luo Yan said softly. She leaned in and gently kissed Huanxue’s lips, savoring the moment.

Mmm...

Huanxue felt a surge of frustration; she was genuinely tired, yet her wife was being playful.

Noticing Huanxue’s strong resistance, Luo Yan didn’t push further. Instead, she hugged her tightly, allowing her to drift off to sleep.

Huanxue quickly succumbed to slumber, clearly worn out. Luo Yan playfully tapped her nose and admired her beautiful wife for a moment before turning her attention elsewhere. The softness and sweetness were simply irresistible. After indulging herself, she lovingly embraced Huanxue and soon drifted off to sleep as well.

The next day, when Luo Yan sensed that there were people outside the door, she got dressed and went out to take a look. It was Xiao Han standing outside, while Cang Dong and Hong Chun were downstairs, seemingly discussing what to order.

Luo Yan rummaged through her money pouch and handed it to Xiao Han. “You all go have something to eat first. When you’re done, order some of Snow’s favorite dishes and have them sent up.”

“Got it, Luo Gongzi,” Xiao Han replied.

As Luo Yan returned to the bedside, Huanxue had woken up. “What time is it now?” she asked groggily.

Luo Yan replied, “It’s still quite early. If you’re tired, just rest a little longer; there’s no rush to get up.”

“Mm.” Listening to her husband mention that it was still early, Huanxue felt assured. She snuggled back into the bed to rest.

Then she said, “You should lie down too. I want to hold you.”

Luo Yan smiled and said, “Okay, Wife.” Heh heh, this is my favorite thing!

---

**Author's Note:** 
Ah~ So short and sweet! 
^*?^