Chapter 31

As they approached the entrance of the county seat, Huanxue asked her husband to put her down.

The closer they got to the county town, the more people there were. Her husband didn't let her down, and unable to persuade her otherwise, Huanxue buried her face in Luo Yan's neck.

When they arrived at the shop, Luo Yan instructed Xiao Xu to have Luo An start working right away, while Huanxue went to the partition to continue resting.

"Are you hungry? Do you want some buns? I'll go buy some for you."

"Okay."

Luo Yan left, telling Xiao Xu to keep an eye on the shop since there weren't too many people in line at the moment.

At the bun shop, Luo Yan bought two meat buns and four vegetable buns. She hadn't bought buns at the market before, so she wasn't sure how good they would be, but she decided to buy a few more to taste. If they tasted good, they could each enjoy one.

Upon returning, Xiao Xu took a vegetable bun to eat, while Luo Yan handed one meat bun and one vegetable bun to her wife and left the remaining ones for everyone else.

Luo An and Wang Ji didn't eat, having already had a hearty breakfast that morning.

Huanxue wasn't asleep; she was simply lying on the bed. "You're back."

"Mm, one is a meat bun and the other is a vegetable bun. Try them and see how they taste."

"Okay," Huanxue said as she reached out to take the bun.

Huanxue took small bites, noticing that her husband was watching her intently...

"Do you want to eat some?"

Luo Yan immediately nodded!

...

"Why didn't you buy an extra one?" As she spoke, Huanxue handed her other vegetable bun to her husband.

Luo Yan took it and said, "I'll take a bite to see how these buns were made." She glanced over at the meat bun in Huanxue's hand.

!!!

"...You?!"

Huanxue had just eaten half of the meat bun, and her husband wanted the rest!

Realizing that the situation was unusual, Luo Yan quickly bit into a vegetable bun, finding the filling quite nice, though it could have used more.

She set the vegetable bun down beside Huanxue and quickly leaned in for a bite of the meat bun as she walked outside...

Huanxue was taken aback. This was such a surprising thing for her to encounter for the first time in all her years, especially from her husband! She couldn't quite put her feelings into words.

Since she hadn't had breakfast that morning, Huanxue didn't dawdle for long and continued eating.

The letter was given to Xiao Xu, who would send it to the designated station for delivering messages and goods. In a few days, Han Han would be able to come over; she still remembered very clearly the first time she came to the market with her husband to buy a hairpin for her mother.

Once her mother arrived at the shop, Huanxue didn't continue resting. She came out of the partition to tend to the accounts. "You go take care of other things," she said to her husband.

"Okay, I'll go out with Xiao Xu to buy some things, and I'll also prepare for the barbecue stuff. I might be back a little later."

"Mm, I understand."

"Alright."

---

Once they stepped outside, Luo Yan and Xiao Xu walked to first purchase the horse-drawn cart, which cost eight taels and seven coins. The cart was spacious enough for sitting and lying down, and Luo Yan was very pleased with it.