Chapter 68

Seeing Liyue sitting in the courtyard, Xiao Han walked over and handed her the sweet steamed buns, then sat down beside her.

“Is Jiangmi County fun?” Xiao Han asked.

“It feels quite nice,” Liyue responded.

“That’s good,” Xiao Han thought she was running out of things to say and didn’t know how to continue the conversation.

Since Luo Yan and Huanxue were busy practicing martial arts, in the morning, Luo Yan called Da Wang and Ding Rong to accompany her father to the county town.

Luo Yan approached Wang Ji and instructed, “When you get to the shop, have Xiao Xu find the contractors for the renovations. If I haven't arrived at the shop by lunchtime, bring them here.”

“Understood, Boss. I’ll tell Brother Xu when we get to the shop.”

After giving her instructions, Luo Yan walked over to her father and handed him the recruitment information.

Her father looked confused and asked, “What’s this?”

“It’s for hiring a cook. Father, just post this outside the shop when you get there.”

“Okay.”

“Is Mother not going with you?” Luo Yan noticed that her father had gone to the shop alone the previous day, and it was the same today.

“Your mother is going with you; I’ll head there first.”

“Got it,” Luo Yan replied cheerfully.

After watching her father leave, Luo Yan went to find her master to have a chat. They needed to prepare to visit Li Huanxue's family in the next couple of days, so she wanted to discuss it with him.

Entering the living room, Luo Mother was talking with Ling Shan. When her mother saw her come in, she said, “Xiao Han, your master’s little girl is probably coming over.”

Little girl? What does that mean? Luo Yan didn’t say anything and continued walking toward their positions.

Luo Mother continued, “Your master’s daughter misses him very much and has come to see him.”

“Isn’t that a good thing?” Luo Yan responded to her mother’s remark, only to hear her mother tease in return, “Make sure to find the village head to arrange for another house. Otherwise, if the young lady comes and there’s no place for her to rest, how can that be acceptable?”

“I understand, Mother.” Looking at the two of them, Luo Yan continued, “I came to discuss something with Master.”

“What’s the matter?” Luo Mother asked, while Master Ling Shan looked on with curiosity.

“Well, since we’re preparing to visit Huanxue's family, I originally wanted to see if you would like to go with us. I just heard that Master’s daughter is coming, so…”

Ling Shan interjected, “My little girl should arrive in Jiangmi County in the next couple of days. Is your schedule urgent?”

“It’s not urgent; as long as she can arrive within these days, we can wait,” Luo Yan assured him.

“Alright, then we’ll proceed as discussed.”

“Good.” At that, Luo Yan looked at her mother and asked, “Mother, do we have any special festivals coming up?”

“There’s nothing special, but every year at this time, the market hosts a Lantern Festival. However, the timing is unpredictable each year; this year, it’s probably happening in the next few days.”