Chapter 47

There were no video games here, and there were few things to pass the time with. After dinner, Sikuo Xin returned to his residence to study what Luo Yan had discussed with him in the morning. He glanced at the emperor, who was also examining the problems, while Luo Yan was slumped at the table, fast asleep.

Throughout the afternoon, the answers provided by the ministers were far from the correct ones.

Eventually, the emperor gave the correct answers to several ministers for their review. As for the one who had solved one problem, they failed to solve the second one. The emperor independently awarded that person, while the others looked on as they waited.

Luo Yan didn’t sleep for long; when she awoke, she found the palace chef and the imperial physician waiting by her side. Startled, she sat up.

The physician moved quickly to place the medicinal herbs and books he had brought on the table for her to see.

The physician said, “Luo Gongzi, these are the medicinal herbs I brought. I understand their uses, but I hope you can provide me with further information.”

The meal yesterday was exceptionally good; after that meal, she felt wonderfully comfortable and satisfied. Compared to how many dishes Luo Yan had prepared, they were very beneficial for her body!

Luo Yan replied, “I can certainly share my knowledge with you, but you’re quite lacking in your understanding. If you wish to learn, you’ll need to formally apprentice under me.”

Apprenticing? That was no problem at all; as long as Luo Yan could teach him practical skills, he would gladly become her apprentice!

The physician agreed eagerly, “No problem!”

Hearing his acceptance, Luo Yan called the emperor over. “Imperial Physician wishes to become my apprentice; Your Majesty, please witness this!”

Apprentice???

Indeed, Luo Yan was so talented; it seemed someone was eager to become her apprentice!

The emperor said, “Alright.”

With the emperor present, a certificate for the apprenticeship was drafted. Unlike the previous apprenticeship ceremony, this time it included the emperor’s seal as well.

Everything felt much more formal and grand this time around.

Seeing the imperial physician become an apprentice, the palace chef followed suit and decided to join in as well, much to Luo Yan’s delight.

Luo Yan announced, “You are my second and third apprentices; there is also an elder brother ahead of you. From now on, anyone who apprentices before you must address the elder as ‘brother’ or ‘sister.’ ‘Sister’ refers to females. In my presence, the status of women and men is equal. If I discover any male who disrespects or looks down upon women, they will be dismissed immediately and will no longer be my apprentice!”

The physician and the chef responded in unison, “Understood, Master!”

Luo Yan continued, “In public, you should still refer to me as Luo Gongzi.”

“Alright.”

The emperor asked with a smile, “Luo Gongzi, could you also take in those from the Six Ministries?”

Luo Yan replied, “Your Majesty, let’s first see if those individuals can remain close. For now, I won’t be accepting any more apprentices. However, if Sikuo Xin has any questions, he can come to me with the apprenticeship certificate and your imperial seal.”

The emperor acknowledged, “I forgot that you still have matters to attend to. In the meantime, while you handle your affairs, I will also evaluate those individuals for my own use. If you’re able to settle in the capital, I’ll arrange a residence for you to serve as a school. How does that sound?”