Chapter 70

Luo Yan guessed that Huanxue would ask her, "Why investigate the Jiang family? I unexpectedly heard that the Jiang family has connections with the Luo family in the capital today while in the county town, so I had Cang Dong look into it. He found some information today, but we need to continue investigating."

"Oh, I see." With so many things to worry about, didn’t her husband feel tired or troubled?

“Yes,” Luo Yan replied affirmatively to Huanxue.

After leaving the kitchen, Luo Mother called out to them, "Yan'er… you two hurry and come eat dinner; once you’ve eaten, go get some rest."

“Okay, we got it, Mother.”

“Thank you, Madam Luo,” Cang Dong said to Luo Mother.

“Enjoy your meal. I’m going back to my room to rest.” Luo Yan and Cang Dong nodded at Luo Mother in acknowledgment.

Since they had returned much later than usual, both Luo Yan and Cang Dong were quite hungry, so they ate a little more than they normally would.

Cang Dong, being a man, ate like a wolf, while Luo Yan was more like a little hamster, her cheeks puffed out because she was so hungry.

Huanxue watched her with a smile but didn't laugh out loud. It’s fine, she thought; she knew she must look quite adorable right now, which was why she couldn’t help but smile.

Once Cang Dong finished his meal, Luo Yan suggested he head back since his presence wouldn’t be of much help here and she would need to clean up the dishes herself.

“Huanxue… are you sleepy?” Seeing her demeanor, it seemed like she was about to fall asleep.

“Mm... a bit... but it’s fine, I’ll wait until my husband finishes eating.” She wanted to cuddle with her husband while sleeping; she didn’t want to be alone.

“Alright... I’ll be quick,” Luo Yan replied, hastening her pace to finish the last bite of her meal.

After finishing, Luo Yan stood up to tidy up the dishes before walking over to Huanxue. “Let’s go back to our room to rest; we can’t stay here... it’s cold.”

Huanxue stood up, feeling really sleepy. “Okay…”

She picked up the basket containing the candied hawthorn and flowers that Luo Yan had bought for her.

Noticing what her husband was carrying, Huanxue asked, “What do you have in your hand, husband?”

“Candied hawthorn for you, and also some flowers.”

“Thank you, husband.” Even after being so busy, he still remembered to get her gifts. Her husband was truly wonderful!

Huanxue was feeling quite sleepy, so Luo Yan bent down and lifted her into his arms, heading toward their room.

Once she placed Huanxue on the bed, Luo Yan gently stroked her soft hair before preparing to take a bath. However, Huanxue reached out to hold his hand. “Where are you going?”

“I’m going to take a bath; I’ll be back soon,” Luo Yan reassured her, thinking she was such a silly little girl.

“Okay, hurry back… and wash up,” Huanxue urged.

“Let’s save the candied hawthorn for tomorrow,” Luo Yan reminded her.

“Alright then.”

“Mm, I’ll wash up quickly and come back to keep you company. If you’re tired, just sleep first.” With that, he leaned down and kissed Huanxue lightly on her beautiful forehead.