Chapter 78: Departure

The two elders didn’t select many styles; Luo Yan picked out five complete sets of jewelry for them, along with a few individual pieces. More than that, when the elders looked at the jewelry, their eyes sparkled with delight. Luo Yan found it quite endearing; they clearly loved it but insisted otherwise. If she didn’t buy anything for the old lady today, she was certain that Grandma would send someone to buy it later.

When it came time to pay, neither elder mentioned that they didn’t want it.

The shopkeeper smiled warmly at Luo Yan, “Young master, you really have an eye for selection; these pieces are all the best in the store.”

Luo Yan politely smiled but didn’t respond. The shopkeeper then asked, “I am the manager of this store. Are you really planning to purchase all these pieces, young master?”

“Yes,” Luo Yan replied nonchalantly.

The manager beamed, “Alright then! Since you’re buying so much, I’ll give you a discount. If you ever need more jewelry in the future, be sure to visit our store!”

“Sure.” The styles from this store were decent, so she’d definitely come back if the need arose.

“Great! Let me calculate the total for you.”

After settling the payment for the jewelry, Luo Yan handed the pieces over to her grandmother and mother. The elders’ servants were responsible for carrying the jewelry, and everyone continued to stroll around the market.

They passed by the cosmetics store and bought a few items for the two elders. Finally, they went to the tailor’s shop, where they selected styles for custom pieces. Once the clothes were completed, they would be delivered directly to the Li family.

The two elders were enjoying their outing with Huanxue and Luo Yan. The son-in-law was right; there was no age limit for shopping, and they planned to make more outings in the future.

Around noon, Luo Yan took the two elders out for a meal. With Grandmother present, Li Weiye naturally wouldn’t comment about not returning home for lunch. Even if he had something to say, he could only keep quiet.

After spending the afternoon exploring, they finally returned home. The two elders hadn’t been out and about very much, and it was clear that they had thoroughly enjoyed themselves today. Seeing the satisfaction on their faces made Luo Yan quite happy as well. Before they came, she had thought of many ways to make the elders happy, but the main idea was to show them that she could take good care of Huanxue.

On the way back, they picked up many snacks. When going out, it seemed inappropriate not to bring back something for others.

Once back, Luo Yan and Huanxue excused themselves and returned to their room. Mao Shi likely went to talk to Grandmother, as the two probably had much to discuss.

In the room, Luo Yan looked at Cang Dong and asked, “Did you hear any useful news today?”

“Yes, I did. About sixty percent of the shops in Gulanzhen belong to the Wang family. Locals find it extremely difficult to open a shop and make money. Most of the places seem to be dominated by the Wang family.”

“Alright, thank you for your hard work today.”

“Master Luo, you’re too polite.”

It seemed that to uncover more in-depth issues about the Wang family, other methods would be needed. However, it was better to wait until they returned home before taking the next steps. If there were connections to the main family, it was likely that things were not clean behind the scenes. The current challenge was to find evidence, and the key to finding evidence was people!