Chapter 9✨

As Luo Yan stepped outside, she spotted her parents chatting. She smiled and walked over to join them.

The rain had lightened slightly, just a little bit. The rhythmic patter of raindrops still filled the air, and the cow and donkey in the yard were enjoying their bath. Hahaha...

The little chicks were sheltered from the rain; otherwise, they would truly be drenched like wet chickens.

After spending some time tidying up, Li Huanxue finally got out of bed. Entering the living room, she approached her parents to greet them and offer them tea.

Luo Father and Luo Mother were happily drinking their tea, pleased to see their daughter, Huanxue, being such an understanding child.

Once Huanxue served the tea, she settled down next to Luo Yan. "It's really coming down hard outside," she commented, feeling the chilling air carry the scent of rain.

"Mm, it should lighten up by noon," Luo Yan replied.

---

After returning home yesterday, Wen Liang locked himself in his study. He remained there until evening and didn't step out until his father, Wen Zhengye, returned from outside.

Curious about his son's behavior, Wen Zhengye noticed that Wen Liang had confined himself to his study all day. This was unusual; normally, he would come out after finishing his lessons.

Walking into the room, Wen Zhengye found his son deeply engrossed in painting. Upon closer inspection, he realized Wen Liang was painting a house-was it not their own home? This puzzled Wen Zhengye; why was he spending time painting a house? "You spent the whole afternoon just painting a house? You could've used that time to study! You need to focus on passing the examination this year."

"I can't believe the teacher you mentioned allows you to simply paint a house," Wen Zhengye said, shaking his head disapprovingly.

Wen Liang didn't dare interrupt while his father spoke. He waited until his father finished before handing him a painting created by his Master.

Wen Zhengye was taken aback when he received the drawing. "You mean this is what that young noble produced?" he exclaimed, amazed by the remarkable quality of the house. Such talent could easily be displayed at home!

"Yes, Father! Who else could it have been?" Wen Liang thought, wanting to defend his Master but holding back.

"Impressive! It'd be a shame if you didn't get to apprentice with such skill!" Wen Zhengye remarked.

"Yes, I've already become an apprentice, and my Master has even given me homework. He said there's no rush; if I have questions, I can ask him," Wen Liang responded eagerly.

"Good, keep practicing!" Wen Zhengye encouraged.

Wen Liang said, "Father, my Master is two years younger than me!" As he spoke, he felt a wave of embarrassment wash over him.

"What?! Two years younger than you?" His father was surprised, having expected a wise and mature teacher, only to find out that it was a young man. It was unthinkable!

"Well, you'd better study hard. Hm... when you have time, invite your Master to our house. I'd like to meet him and see what he's like," Wen Zhengye replied.

Wen Liang responded, "Father, I can invite him over. My Master hasn't asked me for any tuition fees yet. He said that if I can stick it out for six months, I can pay him later. According to my Master, if I can't keep up, I won't need to continue studying."

This was unexpected; having a mentor two years younger than his own son was quite remarkable! It seemed essential to pay a visit soon.

"Then let's do this: I'll have your mother prepare some gifts. Tomorrow, I'll go with you to visit him," Wen Zhengye instructed.