Chapter 38

Han Xue said, “Xiao Han, Luo Yan is already my husband now, so in the future, you shouldn’t call him ‘Luo Gongzi’ anymore.”

Indeed, a change in address was necessary.

Xiao Han replied, “I understand, young lady. From now on, I’ll call him ‘Young Master Luo.’”

Just as Han Xue was about to respond, they heard the sound of the door opening. Luo Yan walked in...

When did he arrive? She wondered how much of her conversation with Xiao Han he had overheard.

Hearing his wife refer to him as her husband made Luo Yan feel as if he were about to take flight with joy. After more than ten seconds of blissful daze, he regained his composure and stepped into the room.

As he walked in, he noticed his wife looking in his direction. He couldn’t help but grin foolishly, but realizing Xiao Han was present, he quickly wiped the smile off his face.

After glancing at Xiao Han, he turned his attention back to his wife and asked, “Are you all packed up?”

Han Xue replied, “Yes, I’m all set. Did you just arrive, husband?”

“Ah, yes,” Luo Yan answered. “Is there something wrong?” He looked at her, pretending to be confused by her expression.

Had he missed something from their earlier conversation? “It’s nothing,” she assured him.

“Good. If anything comes up, you must remember to tell me,” Luo Yan insisted.

“I will,” Han Xue promised.

Luo Yan glanced at Xiao Han before turning back to his wife. “Let’s have Xiao Han rest in the new house today.”

The new house was all organized, and the bedding was properly laid out, so Xiao Han could just move in. “That works.”

Han Xue added, “Husband, I’ll accompany Xiao Han for a moment. She doesn’t know her way around, and we still need to tidy the bedding in our room. We won’t be resting there tonight.”

Luo Yan replied, “Alright, once you’ve settled everything, come back and make sure to get some good rest.”

“I know!” Han Xue said, her tone reminiscent of someone who often nagged in a fond way—it was endearing.

Luo Yan thought to himself: How cute.

---

Han Xue said, “Xiao Han, let’s head over.”

“Mm, alright.” It seemed that Luo Gongzi spoke very little aside from with his family and the young lady. After being here for a whole day, Luo Gongzi hadn’t said a single word to her despite showing care in his actions.

Compared to Wang Gongzi, Luo Gongzi was indeed far less talkative. When he did speak, his words were always on point, which was much better than Wang Gongzi, who only talked but didn’t take action.

Wang Gongzi could simply order the servants to do whatever he needed. Being from a wealthy family, that was understandable.

But she personally didn’t like Wang Gongzi! Back at the Li household, when she had been instructed to go out and buy something, she had once happened upon Wang Gongzi flirting with a woman...

Following behind the young lady, they quickly arrived at the new house that had been mentioned earlier.

This new house was much larger than where they currently lived, and it seemed to have quite a few rooms.

Once inside, Han Xue said to Xiao Han, “Xiao Han, you can rest in the outermost room on the west side. From now on, that room will be reserved for you.”