Chapter 98

With those matters temporarily settled, just as Luo Yan was about to leave the study, Cang Dong rushed in hurriedly.

Luo Yan watched as his legs moved like galloping hooves, suddenly coming to an abrupt stop, looking quite anxious. “What’s the matter? Why are you in such a rush?”

Cang Dong puffed out, “Um... Wang Hongwen has left the Wang family with some people. According to our reports, he is heading to Jiangmi County.”

...Tsk, truly, some people just can’t help but create drama; she needed to see what Wang Hongwen was planning to do. “Have our people keep an eye on his movements, and notify me if there are any updates.”

“Yes, Master. Also, Li Yan is expected to leave the Li family and return to the Wang family in about three months.”

“Alright, continue to monitor their situations.” In three months, what would Wang Hongwen do?!

“Understood, Master!”

“Mm.” Luo Yan stood up, holding the letter as she walked over to Cang Dong, handing it to him. “This letter is for the emperor; make sure it’s delivered as fast as possible.”

Cang Dong took it, saying, “Got it, I’ll arrange it right away,” before leaving Luo Yan's study.

As Luo Yan watched him leave, she didn’t stay in the study any longer and walked out.

A year had passed in the blink of an eye. She stood in the courtyard, gazing at the clear blue sky. Over these past few months, she had slowly started to adapt to her current life. Whether it was running an inn or opening a branch of the Shengya Business Association, both endeavors were long-term commitments.

Fortunately, she now had many capable people working for her, and the private academy didn’t require her to go there every day.

Noticing that her husband had been lost in thought for quite a while, Huanxue called for the family to prepare some tea to bring to him. Earlier in the courtyard, she had observed that her husband seemed to be in a daze. What could he be thinking about? She walked over to him, and her husband seemed to notice her and turned around.

He smiled at her and fondly asked, “What brings you here? I’ll be back soon.”

“I brought you some tea,” she indicated the teapot on the table, then took a seat. “Sit down and have some; you’ve been in the study for quite a while.”

“Okay~” He naturally had no reason to refuse and sat down beside Huanxue.

Thinking about how the shop’s delicious food still required her husband’s expertise, she realized that although the current offerings were selling quite well, everyone’s tastes were not static. “Husband, do you have any new ideas for the sweets and drinks at the shop?”

Huanxue’s question made her realize that she hadn’t been managing the shop’s affairs much lately. “What’s going on? Is there a problem at our shop?”

Setting down her teacup, Huanxue explained to her husband, “There hasn’t been any particular problem, but according to the two other food shops in Jiangmi County, the sales have declined somewhat over the past two to three months.”

“Mother and Father have tasted the desserts and drinks, and there haven’t been any issues with the flavors. So, I’m wondering if we should introduce some new dishes. This still requires you to handle it because the chefs we have can’t replicate the kind of dishes you create.”

Luo Yan sipped the tea Huanxue had brought; the flavor of the tea leaves was distinct, and she could tell immediately. “Today’s tea is quite good; who brought it?”