Chapter 59

Luo Yan said, “Ling Shan Da Ren, no need to be polite. If you’re in Jiangmi County and have any cravings, just come to the shop to eat. It’s an honor for me to know you, and I am more than happy to do anything for you.”

She still needed to think carefully about the martial arts training; there were many matters currently needing her attention. However, she felt truly pleased that Ling Shan thought highly of her.

Upon arriving at the shop, Luo Yan instructed someone to prepare food for Ling Shan. After Ling Shan received his meal, he advised Luo Yan to give it some serious thought and mentioned that if she changed her mind, she could find him at the inn.

Luo Yan smiled at Ling Shan and said, “I’ll think about it carefully.”

Meanwhile, Wang Hongwen learned that Li Huanxue and Xiao Han, along with two of his subordinates, had returned to the Luo residence, which pleased him greatly. He quickened his pace and soon caught up with Li Huanxue, whose carriage wasn’t traveling very fast.

Because of this, Wang Hongwen felt an immense joy in his heart. It seemed like heaven was helping him, allowing him to catch up with Huanxue’s carriage.

Wang Hongwen followed behind Li Huanxue's carriage, waiting for her to arrive home. He didn’t leave immediately but lingered outside. What made Wang Hongwen excited was seeing Li Huanxue exiting the Luo residence and heading toward a row of houses to the south. Just as he was about to follow her, he suddenly spotted Xiao Han along with a man trailing behind. Wang Hongwen immediately stopped in his tracks, thinking to himself: I can’t rush in now; there’s no way to explain to Huanxue why I’m here.

After convincing himself, Wang Hongwen settled in the carriage, waiting for another chance to see Huanxue.

Huanxue, along with Xiao Han, went to the new house and tidied up the room. That evening, she was unsure how to arrange accommodations for so many people.

Cang Dong was helping out behind Li Huanxue and Xiao Han, and the room was quickly put in order.

Looking at the tidied room, Li Huanxue was very satisfied and extremely happy. Finally, they had returned, and she could enjoy a good rest that night.

The new house didn’t have a well for water, so after locking the doors, the three of them returned to the original house. Hong Chun had just been instructed by Xiao Han to boil some hot water for later use.

This was Cang Dong and Hong Chun’s first visit to Luo Yan’s home, and they didn’t expect Luo Yan to have two houses. One of the houses was smaller, but the yard was quite spacious. There were also many livestock in the yard. Once they returned, Cang Dong felt he had nothing to do, so he called Hong Chun over to help clean up the area where the livestock were, which looked quite dirty.

Hong Chun was more than willing, especially after being amazed by the number of animals in the yard.

Originally, he had thought Luo Yan was the type of person who was refined and gentle, but the reality of the household was completely different from what he had imagined; they had chickens, ducks, cattle, and sheep!

Hong Chun chuckled foolishly as he said to Cang Dong, “I didn’t expect Luo Gongzi’s family to have so many livestock!”

Cang Dong calmly replied, as usual, “Yes.”

Huanxue had nothing much to do either, so she took a stool and a book outside, watching as Hong Chun and Cang Dong busied themselves cleaning up the area where the livestock were kept.

She set down her stool and sat down, saying to the two, “You both should take a proper rest; you’ve traveled quite a bit these past few days and must be tired.”