Chapter 33

Well, General Cao really invited his whole family to come eat!

“Alright, General Cao,” Luo Yan replied readily.

After making plans, General Cao didn’t linger for long and gave Luo Yan his address before heading back home.

Once General Cao left, Luo’s mother and Han Xue came over. “What did the letter say?” Han Xue asked.

Luo Yan didn’t respond but smiled as she handed the letter to her wife. Han Xue took it and opened it, while Luo’s mother leaned in to read as well.

A few minutes later, both their expressions looked quite good. Han Xue didn’t quite understand what the emperor meant, but in her heart, she thought her husband sounded like a celestial being…

Luo’s mother, after reading the letter, was surprised to find that the emperor knew that her daughter had encountered immortals. From what was said, it seemed the emperor regarded Luo Yan as one… She really didn’t know whether this was good or bad.

Luo’s mother asked, “Are you going to leave for the palace in a few days?”

“It appears that way for now. The emperor’s orders cannot be disobeyed.” Only after meeting the emperor would they understand what he intended.

After chatting for a while longer, Xiao Xu finished shopping and returned.

After saying their goodbyes, Luo Yan drove the cart back home. In the next couple of days, they needed to gather everyone and finalize who would be in charge of the barbecue.

---

Once home, Luo’s mother called for people to come and prepare food. Wang Ji had already returned home, and her family came over. Luo Yan asked Xiao An to invite the village head and Old Man Luo over.

While waiting for people to arrive, Luo Yan moved the food bought from the cart into the kitchen. The items purchased for the new home were placed in the yard, making it look a bit crowded. When Wang Ji returned, she would ask him to help move things into the new house over the next few days and get everything set up.

Following behind her husband, she helped carry lighter ingredients into the kitchen. After everything was moved, Han Xue asked, “Is there anything else I can help with?”

“Not at the moment. We can check out the new house once we’ve moved the stuff in there,” Luo Yan told Han Xue, looking at the items.

“Okay.”

“I’ll go check the accounts now.”

“Mm, you go ahead.”

Luo’s mother quickly called the people over, and accompanying her were a few unfamiliar faces. These should be the individuals they had mentioned wanting to invite a few days prior.

After introductions, there was Luo Hua's daughter, while the family from her husband’s side did not come along. Luo Yan didn’t concern herself with the details and directly asked them to bring everyone in.

Luo Chen's son also arrived, and upon learning more, it turned out most of them were working the fields with Luo Chen. When there was no heavy work in the fields, they came to look for jobs. Luo Yan told them to wait, assuring them that this time there would be no shortage of job openings.

Luo Hua's daughter was named Luo Hui, and her husband’s family came along with the village head and Old Man Luo.

Seeing the village head and Old Man Luo, Luo Yan hurried over politely to greet them. “Village head, how are things?”

The village head replied, “There are many idle people in our village. I was surprised to see so many who want to work in your shop today. I thought you might not need too many people, so I filtered through them, but there are still quite a few available.