Chapter 20

Instead of kissing her husband as he had hoped, Huanxue gently tapped his cheek with her finger, playfully suggesting, “Go cook already; I’m hungry.”

Upon hearing his wife say she was hungry, Luo Yan immediately turned to her with concern, saying, “I’ll go right now! Just nibble on some fries to hold you over.”

It took about an hour or two to prepare the meal, and by the time everything was ready, Luo’s father had returned home from work and joined the group chatting with the township head and Old Man Luo.

Each dish had been made in two portions. They had slaughtered two chickens; one was used for soup while the other was braised, each split into two servings.

The pickled duck eggs had only been brined for a few days, so the flavor wasn’t very pronounced yet, but in this environment, they could still count as a substantial dish. Luo Yan specifically picked the ones that were on the bottom of the jar.

Since soy sauce had been purchased, Luo Yan prepared braised pork ribs. Once they were finished, the ribs filled two plates to the brim. The aroma of the braised ribs was extremely enticing, causing everyone nearby to swallow hard in anticipation.

Everyone watched with hungry eyes as Luo Yan cooked, unable to contain their curiosity. They wondered what she had added to the dishes to make them smell so delectable!

Once the food was ready, everyone eagerly took the dishes to set them on the table, thinking to themselves how they could finally dig in quickly.

They all clutched their stomachs, having held back their hunger for too long.

Noticing everyone busily serving the dishes, Luo Yan went to the room to call Huanxue for dinner. As she stepped outside, she caught sight of her husband leaving their room, a proud smile on her face.

Her husband was indeed adorable! She expected a reward just for cooking a meal…

The township head, Old Man Luo, Luo Yan's family, along with Wang Ji and the other two men, all gathered around one table for the meal. The women and children sat at another table, filled to the brim with food, unable to fit any more.

The children, not taking much space, stood eagerly in front of their mothers, excitedly awaiting the feast of the evening. Usually, meat was only enjoyed during the New Year celebrations, but tonight, Luo Yan had prepared several meat dishes.

Even the vegetarian dishes smelled more delicious than what families typically made at home! The township head did not start eating right away, and neither did the others at their table, making it awkward for those at Luo Yan's table to dig in first.

As a result, many gazes shifted toward the other table, hoping they could start eating soon.

When Huanxue sat down, she immediately noticed that the ribs were different today. However, judging by their appearance, they likely tasted just as good.

---

When Luo’s father returned home today, he was somewhat startled. After learning the details, he understood why he was surprised. His daughter had begun hiring people even while he was working outside…

Curious, he discreetly asked Luo Yan how much money she had made. He was taken aback by the answer, astonished that in just two or three days, she had earned that much, especially on the day of opening!

Fortunately, whatever his daughter did, he was well informed about. Seeing the township head and Old Man Luo present gave him the confidence to engage in conversation.

During their chat, he suddenly noticed that his wife was working on writing the employment contracts. He took a look at the contracts, and he was astonished again!