Chapter 34

The village head said, “Everyone here is familiar with one another; Boss Luo has mentioned a flexible position that the remaining people can take. After everyone signs their names, there will be a schedule for work shifts.”

As he spoke, Luo Yan added, “The shifts will be divided into morning and afternoon. Those who work in the morning won’t need to work in the afternoon. Shifts will rotate every seven days. At that time, everyone should report to Wang Ji to explain their situations for scheduling.” She called Wang Ji over.

Wang Ji came over, greeting Luo’s mother before accompanying the family into the kitchen to help out. Seeing the boss was hiring, he stepped out for a look. Suddenly hearing his name being called, Wang Ji felt pleasantly surprised.

Luo Yan said, “This is Wang Ji; everyone will come to him to arrange their shifts afterwards. When it's time to start working in the shop, he will explain to everyone in detail how to do the work.”

The village head added, “With Boss Luo’s arrangement, everyone will earn their money fairly... Please confirm if everyone is on the same page.”

Upon saying this, the village head looked at Luo Yan and said, “Xiao Yan, you will be signing a long-term contract with those few individuals. Please call them out.”

“Alright, village head,” Luo Yan responded.

Watching the people who were being called out, the others felt envious, thinking to themselves: I want to work hard to become a long-term employee too!

Han Xue organized the information recording book, waiting for everyone to sign the contracts shortly.

At first, she thought that with this many people, they could only keep about half of them. Unexpectedly, her husband had suddenly come up with a good idea that would allow them to keep everyone and rotate the wages. Dividing into morning and afternoon shifts was indeed a good approach.

The village head had explained the contents of the contract in detail to everyone, and Old Man Luo also reminded them of the key points.

Zhou Tie’s son was included in the group of men and was given a long-term position. As for Luo Hui, she would have to wait until everyone understood everything before processing her situation.

Luo Yan cast a glance and noticed Zhou Tie was arguing with his parents.

Luo Hui couldn’t help out, so she just stood by and watched. The old man didn’t intervene; he was well aware of what kind of trouble his son could get into, and for now, only Zhou Tie’s words seemed to carry some weight.

After the village head and Old Man Luo addressed everyone's questions, the long-term employees signed their contracts one by one. Those working with cakes and food preparation would start in the shop tomorrow, and another person would also begin tomorrow, working as a long-term employee to deliver food.

The remaining few would wait one more day. The barbecue grill might not be ready by tomorrow, so preparing everything needed today would be ideal. They would come back the day after tomorrow to teach a few people.

---

The village head looked at everyone without saying anything, unsure of what they were thinking. “So, how does everyone feel about it?”

Someone glanced at the others and said to the village head, “We all agree.”

The village head replied, “Alright then, everyone line up to sign. Those who can’t write should make their thumbprints, and I’ll write down their names for them. Everyone come over to line up.”

Luo Yan helped each person sign and make their thumbprints, and then she kept each contract safe for them. Each contract was for an individual, for everyone's convenience.