Chapter 29

After sending off the village head and Old Man Luo, Luo Yan returned to her room and sat on a stool, pouring herself a cup of water. Han Xue also sat down next to Luo Yan, curious about what was happening.

“Can we buy the house? Is there a house available? What did the village head say?” Han Xue asked in rapid succession.

…It seemed her wife really wanted the maid to come over. “Wife, let me drink some water first.”

Seeing that Luo Yan was not answering and was continuing to drink, Han Xue impulsively reached over to snatch the cup from her hand.

Water splashed out with Han Xue’s movement and got on her hand.

Luo Yan frowned and hurriedly placed the cup on the table. She then took hold of her wife’s hand, which had just grasped the cup, to check if she had burned herself.

Fortunately, the tea was warm, and her wife’s hand wasn’t red, so it seemed she was alright. “Next time, don’t just grab the cup like that, okay? It’s dangerous to do so! What if it had been boiling hot water? You could have gotten burned!”

While her husband checked her hand, Han Xue felt shy. Her husband was earnestly explaining the seriousness of the situation, but his tone was so gentle. It made her smile deepen as she leaned closer and gently kissed Luo Yan’s cheek.

Luo Yan was taken aback, lingering in shock for over ten seconds before finally looking at her wife. Han Xue had a radiant smile on her face. “I understand, I won’t do such dangerous things again,” she replied.

“Husband, quickly tell me what happened!”

Luo Yan intertwined her fingers with Han Xue's: “We’ll sign the house deed tomorrow.”

Tomorrow?! “Really? You’re not joking with Xue’er, are you?”

“Of course not, it’s true.”

Han Xue was overjoyed. Once the letter was sent out tomorrow, she could wait for her grandmother to receive it, and then she would have Han Han come to keep her company.

In just five or six days, she would be able to see Han Han! That was truly wonderful!

Hmm? Han Xue suddenly realized that buying a house would probably require a lot of money…

“Husband, does buying a house require a lot of money?”

“It is indeed quite expensive.” Initially, the price of the house was significantly high. But now, it was probably just a bit above the cost of building it.

“Ah! How much silver is needed?” It really must be expensive!

“It will be two taels and eight.” Luo Yan replied, smiling at her wife.

“Two taels and eight?” Isn’t that quite expensive?!!

Luo Yan explained, “The house has four rooms, and this year it can be purchased for two taels and eight. The house was built by the government, and its initial price was quite high, but now it has been getting cheaper year by year.”

“Oh, I see.”

“Yes, it’s estimated that in earlier years, they made a good profit, which is why it’s so inexpensive now. Xue’er, just have the maid come over; we’ll have the house tomorrow.”

“Hmm—let’s go see that house after we come back tomorrow. If you like it, we can buy new furniture and move in.”

Luo Yan thought for a moment and continued, “After we see the house tomorrow, if everything is fine, it can be our new home. When Han comes, she can live with us. We can let my parents stay here as they are.”

A new home… Luo Yan referred to it as their new house. However, if they could make it work, it would be quite nice.

“How far is the house from where we are living now?” If it was far away, she wouldn’t want to move out, preferring Han to live on her own. Her parents had been very good to her, unlike many families who treated their daughters-in-law poorly; her parents were truly kind.

“Not far at all, it’s in that house at the southeast corner where we live now.”

“That’s wonderful!” With that, all her earlier concerns vanished.

Luo Yan could feel her wife's excitement; even her own hand seemed to gain a little more strength. “You’re so happy!”

Han Xue returned to her normal demeanor and said, “Of course I’m happy! Buying a house at such a low price means Han Han will have a place to live when she comes.

My mother and father have been very good to me and care for me, and I know this in my heart. Since the house isn’t far, I don’t have too many worries, so naturally, I’m very happy.”

“Hmm? How come my wife hasn’t mentioned my contributions at all?”

…It seemed she didn’t mention her husband; is he… upset?

“Of course, it’s all your efforts, husband.”

“The matter has been handled well. You should go wash up and reward your husband well tonight, okay?” Luo Yan said casually, but her tone was filled with desire.

Han Xue felt extremely shy and quickly withdrew her hand, heading behind the screen to wash up.

She wasn’t in such a hurry to take a bath, but her husband was being too shameless, and she needed to distance herself for a moment to calm her nerves. However, as she stood in front of the bathtub, she hesitated for a second before quickly deciding to wash up anyway!

Honestly, humph!

As she went to bathe, Luo Yan didn’t say anything further. She picked up a brush and began drafting a new contract, along with relevant planning and employee agreements.

If she wanted Xiao Xu to be the team leader, there naturally needed to be conditions, so Luo Yan had to set clear positions and promotion criteria ahead of time. This way, Xiao Xu would have room for advancement, which would motivate everyone to work harder.

Once she finished writing, as Luo Yan was tidying up, she heard some movement behind her and turned to look at her wife.

Perhaps she had stayed in for too long, as Han Xue’s cheeks were flushed, making her look so tempting that Luo Yan felt an urge to rush over and take a bite—a sweet one, for sure!

Han Xue’s hair was only half-dried as she looked at her husband and said, “You can wash up now; I’m done.” She then moved to sit on the bed and continued drying her hair.

Hearing his wife’s voice, Luo Yan snapped back to reality. “Okay.” After putting everything away, Luo Yan stood up to wash himself.

---

Once they were both done, they lay on the bed side by side, looking at each other. Luo Yan noticed that the blush on Han Xue's cheeks hadn’t completely faded.

Luo Yan moved closer and gently kissed Han Xue's cheek. It really was… sweet! “Very sweet.”

Han Xue quickly covered her husband’s mouth, not wanting him to say such embarrassing things.

Her hand was predictably removed by her husband, only to be grasped by him right after.

Luo Yan didn't miss the rosy glow on both sides of Han Xue's face as well as her soft lips. He leaned in and shared a deep kiss with her.

The night was beautiful, and both were in high spirits. The stars filled the sky, embracing the moon, and inside the room, the two of them appeared equally beautiful and enchanting in this captivating night.

Until the beautiful stars disappeared, the room finally returned to a warm, peaceful sleep, filled with sweet dreams until dawn.

---

**Author’s Note:**
Thank you to the little angels who supported me by casting their votes or watering my work from 2022-02-03 20:35:12 to 2022-02-04 17:33:10!
Thanks to the little angels who cast an explosion vote: Bai Ran (2 votes);
I’m truly grateful for everyone’s support, and I will continue to work hard!