Chapter 63

They didn’t waste any time on the way home. After arriving, Luo Yan's father was the first to get down from the carriage. Next, Liyue approached the carriage door and waited to disembark. Luo Yan noticed Xiao Han, who immediately turned her head away upon seeing Liyue.

Luo Yan thought to herself, How amusing Xiao Han is acting!

Holding her wife’s hand, Luo Yan was the first to step down from the carriage and then watched as Huanxue descended.

Meanwhile, Liyue observed how Luo Yan was very considerate in helping Huanxue, feeling both sour and envious. When would she meet someone as good as Luo Yan?

Just as Liyue continued to ponder, Huanxue approached her, linking arms with her and saying, “Let’s go inside and talk.” Liyue smiled back at Huanxue and replied, “Alright.”

Luo Yan and Xiao Han followed behind the two women as they walked toward the house. Xiao An and Wang Ji were busy bringing in the ingredients they had purchased for the day.

Cang Dong and Hong Chun exchanged glances and then called over their two younger companions, Xiao Ding and Da Wang, who had been with them for the last couple of days: “Let’s all go over and help carry things.”

Hearing there was work to do, the two of them were thrilled and eagerly replied, “Sure!”

At first, Wang Ji wasn’t sure what the four had come to do and hesitated to speak. However, seeing that they were there to help him and Xiao An put a smile on his face as he said, “Thank you, big brothers!”

Hong Chun, noticing how polite this younger brother was, thought he seemed like a good person. “No need to be polite, brother,” he responded.

...

When they arrived in the living room, Luo Father called for Luo Yan to sit down and discuss the matters regarding the new shop. Luo Mother watched closely from the side, observing the serious exchange between her daughter and husband.

Huanxue and Liyue exchanged quiet words nearby. Since they hadn’t been able to help their husbands much, Huanxue gently approached her mother and said, “Mother, I’m going to take Liyue to my room to talk,” then turned to look at her mother for a response.

Without a moment's hesitation, Luo Mother replied, “Mm, go ahead. And… have Xiao Han prepare some snacks for you to enjoy in there.”

“Alright, Mother,” Huanxue replied.

After speaking to her mother, Huanxue walked over to Liyue, linking arms with her as they headed to her room. Upon reaching the door, Huanxue instructed Xiao Han to prepare tea and snacks to bring into the room.

It didn’t take more than a minute to reach Huanxue’s room, and when Liyue stepped inside, she was stunned by the elegance of the furnishings!

The styles of the furniture were no less than her own, and it even felt superior in some aspects. The bed, table, cabinets, and curtains all looked as if they had not been used for long; there were no signs of wear at all.

Despite this, the room was so unlike anything she had ever seen in the village! Liyue recalled that when she had been to the village before, most houses were made of mud; there were very few families who could afford brick-and-tile houses.

Unable to suppress her curiosity, Liyue voiced, “Huanxue, the furniture in your room is beautiful, especially unique!”

“Thank you! My husband would be very pleased to hear you say the furniture is exquisite,” Huanxue replied.

“??? These were chosen by Luo Gongzi?” Liyue asked, her question trailing off as she was unsure how to phrase it. Were they handmade or purchased?

“These were bought when we selected furniture for the new house; it wasn't like this before,” Huanxue explained.