Chapter 82

After finishing breakfast, Ling Wei wanted to go find Huanxue to play, but she felt a bit shy. Huanxue looked delicate and beautiful, her voice soft and gentle. During breakfast, she even served Ling Wei some dishes.

At this moment, Huanxue was talking to her wife, so Ling Wei decided to wait a bit.

Luo Yan planned to head to the county, but she didn't want her wife to accompany her. The shop wasn’t ready yet and was still a mess. If Huanxue came with her and they ran into the same issues as last time, that would be unacceptable! “Huanxue, you stay home; I can go by myself.”

“Just be careful not to bump your arm; the wound has just started to scab over.” No matter how she tried to negotiate, Huanxue insisted on staying home.

“I will, don’t worry, my dear.” With Huanxue at home, Luo Yan could feel more at ease. With Xiao Han and her master there, as well as Ling Wei, Huanxue would be safe. It seemed that Ling Wei was looking this way?

After gathering her things, Luo Yan left for the county with her father. Once they left, Ling Wei approached Huanxue and Li Yue. “Huanxue, um, can I chat with you all?”

“Of course!” Huanxue replied with a gentle smile.

Upon arriving at the shop, Luo Yan called for Xiao Xu to bring in the registered chefs to save time.

Turning to Cang Dong, she instructed, “Starting today, you’ll continue investigating the Jiang family. If possible, we need to gather enough evidence to protect the witnesses.” In this society, there were plenty of smooth talkers. Without evidence and witnesses, proving someone guilty was incredibly difficult.

“Understood, Lord Luo!”

As Cang Dong was about to leave, Luo Yan quickly called him back: “Wait a moment. If you need to follow up for an extended period, and require funds, come directly to me.”

“Got it. If I need any expenses, I will inform you, Lord Luo.”

“Good, you go ahead and be careful.”

At Zhenwei Shop, Wang Ji and Xiao An felt that their cooking skills were improving quite well. Once the second shop was ready, they planned to reassess everyone's abilities and challenge them for different positions.

Including those she interviewed before her injury, there were over twenty candidates. “Anyone who has previously worked as a chef, please step forward. The remaining people will be called one by one to the kitchen,” Luo Yan instructed.

After conducting interviews, Luo Yan selected a total of eight people. Among these eight, one person was responsible for chopping vegetables. She dismissed those who didn’t pass the interview and handed the remaining few over to her father. They still needed to go over the details of the contracts before signing.

The start date for their work was set for three days later. When the selected candidates heard the news, their faces lit up with joy. While Luo Yan was happy for them as well, she knew these chefs and those who hadn’t succeeded were all seeking a living.

The shop also needed to recruit for other positions, so anyone who felt they were capable could come in to try out.

During the noon hour, the county magistrate had reserved a private room nearby and asked Luo Yan and her father to join him. After understanding the magistrate’s intentions, Luo Yan arranged for a visit to the shop.