Chapter 22

While eating, Luo Yan’s wife remained nearby in the partition, and Luo Yan looked over and said, “If I have some free time this afternoon, would it be alright if I went to buy a small bed to put here?”

The partition wasn't too small, and having a small bed wouldn’t interfere with the little one playing; he could rest whenever he got tired.

Thinking this, she glanced around the partition and said to her wife, “Mm, that sounds good.”

Seeing that her wife agreed, Luo Yan felt delighted. With a smile on her face, she continued eating. After finishing her meal, she took both her bowl and her wife's bowl to clean up.

Han Xue rested in the partition for a while longer before heading out to help, encouraging her husband to attend to other tasks.

Everyone had finished lunch, and the customers were eagerly waiting. They were anxious to eat the delicious meals prepared by the shopkeeper, but they didn’t dare to complain, wishing only for the staff to finish eating quickly.

Luo Yan walked to the front and addressed everyone, saying, “For those who would like to order food, please line up to pay first and then serve yourselves.”

She playfully added, “First come, first served! There won't be much leftover food.”

Someone, unable to resist the aroma of the food, couldn't help but remark, “Shopkeeper, your meals are delicious! You should consider opening another inn!”

Although it was an offhand remark, Luo Yan had thought about it before. However, lacking the funds and manpower, it was not feasible at the moment.

She smiled warmly at the person but said nothing.

The lunch was abundant, and since the women ate less, they managed to sell six servings in total. Luo Yan hadn’t expected it; six servings earned a hundred and twenty wen, which was enough to prepare several more meals.

Each person received one bowl, making for three dishes plus a serving of soup—just enough to fill a person up. In this society, some people ate two meals a day, while others had three.

With such portions, everyone felt satisfied. The customers not only appeared content on the surface but also felt a warm satisfaction within!

Customers would occasionally chime in with compliments: “Shopkeeper, your food is truly delicious!”

“Shopkeeper, what ingredients do you use in your meals that make them taste so good?”

To this, Luo Yan would simply reply lightly.

Not only did they have staff to help, but today, Luo Yan’s father also came to the shop, which made her feel much less fatigued. Watching her parents work busily, Luo Yan changed her mind about purchasing a bed.

She called her father and mother over and suggested they take a look at the shop’s partition so they could go together to buy a bed.

Luo Yan informed her parents that besides the bed and a thin quilt, she wasn’t sure what else to buy. Upon hearing this, her mother understood her intention, and together with her father, they set off to purchase the items.

Since Luo Yan usually spent her time at home reading, she wasn’t very familiar with the household items, but she was well aware of what they needed. The joy and happiness she felt while being actively involved in these tasks filled her heart.

Before they left, Luo Yan handed some money to Han Xue for her parents. At first, they were reluctant to accept it, but Han Xue insisted, “Mother, Father, the money earned from the shop is meant to be spent. Why should we spend our own savings when we already have money from the shop?”