Chapter 25

As soon as Luo Yan went out, she started to get busy. After preparing the basics for the food, she then asked Luo's mother to call people over. Wang Ji, after squeezing the milk, also went home to pick up his family, just like last time, pulling the donkey cart back.

It was just dusk, and they were a bit late getting everything ready for the evening. After having dinner, they continued working for a while. Wang Ji's family only returned home after everything was finished.

By the end of the day, they made quite a bit of money. Luo Yan was still too busy to check the accounts. A rough estimate suggested they made about ten taels, part of which was the deposit from the previous day, and the rest was the profit.

After dinner, Han Xue returned to her room to check the accounts. There were many new orders today. While watching the food in the shop, Han Xue felt there was still plenty left, not realizing that it would sell out in no time in the afternoon.

Because of this, Han Xue managed to take a good break. It was also at this time that Luo's father and Luo's mother went out to buy things.

Everyone seemed to have plenty of energy and unending strength, happily working with the continuous flow of customers and unable to stop smiling.

Xiao Xu's wife wrapped the food really well, and when she had some time, she could also help Xiao Xu's mother make mung bean meat pies.

After reviewing the bills, Han Xue gave Xiao Xu's wife 50 wen for a day's work wrapping food, and when she informed her husband, he whispered in her ear, “Just listen to my wife…”

Han Xue paused for a moment, drawing the attention of others, and she immediately felt shy and turned back to continue recording the accounts.

She didn’t hear what her husband said to everyone: “My wife is a bit shy…” Everyone exchanged smiles and continued working.

In the evening, everyone still ate at Luo Yan's house. Because there weren’t enough pots, they had Xiao Xu buy two small stoves, which Wang Ji happened to bring back with him.

Since there was a lot of food to prepare, they were busy quite late that evening. The mung bean cakes and milk-flavored buns were made in much larger quantities than last time, and they also prepared more filling for the mung bean meat pies.

---

Before going to bed, Luo Yan boiled a pot of water and took a hot bath. Just as she was about to get into bed, her wife called her to look at the accounts…

Han Xue opened the account book and said to Luo Yan, “The wages for everyone are quite a bit, but it’s not too much either. Compared with other places, we’re giving out a lot.”

“Mm-hmm.”

“How often do you plan to raise everyone’s wages?”

Luo Yan thought for a moment and replied, “Let’s wait a month to see how everyone performs, and then after two months, we can check again.”

“That works too,” Han Xue agreed. “How much did we earn today?”

“Less than 16 taels, along with a few reserved customers. Given the current situation, it seems like there will likely be reserved orders in the future.” In the past few days, there have always been customers reserving in advance. The food they sold in the shop still wasn’t enough for everyone; it felt as though her husband wasn’t in a rush to prepare too much food.

“What you say is true; those who come to our shop to buy things probably don’t know how many of them are just from the county town. There are probably over a thousand people living in the county town, and the number of those buying from the shop isn’t too many yet.