Chapter 39

In reality, Han Xue woke up shortly after Luo Yan left, but she just lay in bed for a bit longer.

When she saw her husband enter the room, she knew he was there to wake her up. “What did you make for breakfast today?” she asked slowly as she propped herself up.

Luo Yan replied, “I made noodles! I used finely chopped chili peppers mixed with sesame to make chili oil. Putting a little chili oil on the noodles will taste amazing.”

“Have you not eaten breakfast yet?” Han Xue asked.

“Not yet. I came to call you so we can eat the noodles together. Hurry and get dressed and wash up; we need to move quickly.”

“Alright,” Han Xue said.

Once she finished washing up, Luo Yan and Han Xue headed to the kitchen for noodles. Luo Yan had made two bowls of noodles. It had been a long time since he had tasted chili oil, and he missed it greatly.

Han Xue ate slowly; even after Luo Yan finished both bowls, she was still working on her first, with just a bite left. With nothing else to do, Luo Yan returned to the room to retrieve the luggage that Han Xue had packed.

Upon entering the room, Luo Yan quickly tidied up the bedding, then grabbed the luggage and headed back out.

Seeing Luo Gongzi going back to the room, Xiao Han noticed that the young lady was still leisurely enjoying her meal, so she walked over and sat on a stool beside the young lady. “Young lady, what is the red stuff in your bowl? I added a little bit when eating the noodles, and it tasted amazing!”

---

Tsk, just as her husband explained it to her, Xiao Han came to inquire. “That’s chili oil.”

“??? What a strange name. Is this red thing called chili?”

“Young lady, what exactly is chili oil? I’ve never encountered it before.”

Han Xue replied, “Your young lady! I had never seen it either; it’s something my husband bought while shopping at the market. He called it chili. The red stuff in this bowl is just powdered chili.”

It seemed Luo Gongzi had stumbled upon this ingredient by chance and decided to buy it to make this spicy condiment.

(Ro Yan: I’ve known it all along.)

After finishing one bowl of noodles, Han Xue still wanted more, so she asked Xiao Han to serve her another half bowl. The chili was really spicy, but with the sesame added in, the heat was slightly toned down—just slightly.

Once the sesame was added, the flavor was incredibly fragrant. At first, she didn’t think the chili was that spicy, but after a few seconds, the heat kicked in—it was very spicy!

At this moment, Han Xue added just a little chili oil to her bowl of noodles.

After Wang Ji and Xiao An arrived, they finished off the remaining noodles before starting the day's work.

Meanwhile, Luo Yan confirmed with her wife that there was nothing left to pack, and then she asked Xiao An to drive the cart, taking her, Han Xue, and Xiao Han to the county town.

Upon reaching the shop, Xiao An headed back. Luo Yan instructed Xiao Xu to inform General Cao to meet them, while Xiao Han stayed behind to accompany Han Xue and look after the shop.

Xiao Xu’s family had not yet arrived; before they left, they mentioned they were going to buy some steamed buns to eat. So, Xiao Xu arrived at the shop alone. At this point, only Han Xue and Xiao Han remained in the shop.