Chapter 50

When Huanxue said “no,” Luo Yan decided to drop the subject. Instead, she embraced her wife softly, and before long, Huanxue fell asleep.

Luo Yan gently ran her fingers through Huanxue's hair, excited for their trip to the capital tomorrow. She wondered whether there would be fireworks in the evening; were they only displayed on special occasions?

When they got outside the palace the next day, she planned to inquire about it. If the fireworks were reserved for special occasions, she could prepare a dazzling display for her wife.

This was her first visit to the capital, and she wanted to make the most of the next couple of days.

The next morning, Luo Yan didn’t rush to get up. She waited until Xiao Han came by to knock on the door before she and Huanxue got ready to leave.

Huanxue asked, “Why is Husband sleeping in today?”

Luo Yan replied, “The emperor is coming to see us off today, so there’s no rush. Besides, this way, I can accompany you for a little longer.”

Huanxue’s cheeks immediately flushed, and she began to tidy up her things. Although her husband wanted to help, she insisted on packing her own luggage, leaving Luo Yan to watch her.

As they headed out, they spotted the emperor and the Empress approaching. Luo Yan had finished packing as well. Xiao Han checked Huanxue’s luggage and took it to set it aside.

The emperor asked, “Luo Gongzi, are you ready?”

Luo Yan replied, “Yes, and the Empress is here too?”

The Empress smiled, “Yes. The emperor informed me that you would be leaving today, so we came to see you off.”

Luo Yan nodded in gratitude and then looked at the emperor, saying, “Your Majesty, may I borrow your Empress for a moment? I have something I need to discuss privately with her.”

Huh! Was there something that needed to be said privately? “Is it really necessary to speak alone?”

Luo Yan grinned mischievously, “Yes.”

The emperor conceded, “Well… alright.”

Luo Yan requested the book Huanxue had seen last night and said she would return it after the Empress had finished reading it. “I apologize, Your Majesty, for not informing my wife sooner that we would be leaving today. The Empress has a book for my wife, and she really enjoys reading. However, due to time constraints, my wife hasn’t had a chance to read much of it.”

The Empress hadn’t expected that Luo Yan wanted to speak with her privately about such a matter. “Miss Li can simply take it; I’ve already finished reading this book. Is there anything else, Luo Gongzi?”

Luo Yan glanced over at the emperor. Hmm, she decided to help him out. “Your Majesty, the Empress should be able to sense your feelings. Although I’ve only known the emperor for two days, I still want to ask the Empress how she feels about the emperor.”

Just two days, and they're already good friends? Luo Yan was really something else. What were her true feelings about the emperor? In her heart, the emperor was simply the emperor; this past interaction didn’t change anything. The emperor was the master of the entire harem, while she was just someone with a slightly better position; there was no real difference.

As for her feelings over the past two days, she couldn’t say for certain. It was only two days; how could she articulate anything?

The Empress replied, “I am the emperor’s Empress.”

She had thought that her hints at the dinner table had been clear enough. Ultimately, the people here couldn’t think about feelings as simply as in her world. The relationships here were muddied by too many factors, despite the emperor being different. “Your Majesty, the emperor's feelings for you are something you can certainly sense. I hope you can consider your relationship with him beyond familial ties and think about what your true feelings are. It would be best if you figured it out soon.”

Luo Yan continued, “If you truly love the emperor, I will gladly assist you with anything you need.”

With this, Luo Yan just wanted the Empress and the emperor to have a happy life together, much like her own life with Huanxue. She believed the emperor would be fine, and with the upcoming reforms in the court, she would also be able to help him. The prerequisite was that the Empress also needed to care for the emperor!

After finishing her thoughts, Luo Yan walked over to the emperor and said, “Your Majesty, can we have a private word?”

“Of course.”

Once they moved to the side, Luo Yan wasted no time and spoke directly. “Your Majesty, if you want to have the same relationship with the Empress as I do with my wife, you need to let her understand your feelings. I want to ask, what are your thoughts regarding the other concubines?”

The emperor explained, “I think you understand that I don’t want to explain this. Of course, regarding them, I certainly don’t hold any such feelings.”

Luo Yan handed him a letter, “Alright, this is a letter I wrote last night. Take your time reading it, and if you want to do this, I can assist you.”

The emperor nodded, “Okay.”

After exchanging pleasantries with the emperor and the Empress, Luo Yan left the palace for the capital. The emperor's guards had already arrived early at the entrance, waiting for Luo Yan's instructions.

Noticing the presence of people outside, Luo Yan stepped out to find two guards along with Xiao Han. She instructed the three of them to prepare for breakfast while she went to accompany Huanxue.

Exiting the palace gates took a bit of time, and walking would certainly have been tiring.

Huanxue's carriage left first, and Luo Yan waited for some time before departing in the following carriage.

The place they would be staying for the next few days was the same inn where Huanxue and Xiao Han had previously stayed. Once they arrived, Huanxue checked into a room first, leaving one of the guards to protect her. The other guard returned as per Luo Yan’s instructions to discreetly monitor and counter any potential threats.

---

**Author's Note:** 
Waiting for the counterattack...

I'll add more tomorrow—my period is really strong... Thank you to all the little angels who cast votes or supported me with nourishing liquids from 2022-02-22 20:50:56 to 2022-02-24 22:33:53!

Special thanks to the little angels who provided nourishing liquids: 
Ye (2 bottles); . (1 bottle);

I truly appreciate everyone’s support, and I will continue to work hard!