Chapter 60

As Luo Yan walked along the road, she suddenly realized how clear the path home felt to her at that moment.

During her time running the shop, she had been constantly busy, bustling back and forth. The image of her hurried self traveling down this road now seemed almost frantic.

On the way home, she didn’t waste any time, and the carriage quickly reached the village entrance.

As they approached the village, the carriage slowed a bit, and Wang Hongwen, hearing some movement behind him, pulled back the curtain on the carriage to take a look.

Seeing that it was Luo Yan returning, Wang Hongwen hurriedly dropped his hand from the curtain, nervously preparing himself.

When Luo Yan saw the carriage, she felt a surge of curiosity, wondering whose carriage it was. Based on her recollection, there were only a few families in the village that had enough money to afford a carriage.

Passing by the carriage, Luo Yan didn’t dwell on it further. She was nearing her home now and felt joyful at the prospect of seeing her wife soon!

As Wang Hongwen composed himself, he felt a rush of anxiety at the thought that Luo Yan might recognize his carriage or possibly see him… but surely she hadn’t, right?

As his thoughts gradually calmed down, Wang Hongwen became increasingly frustrated! He thought to himself: Huanxue, I’ll come and take you away in just a few days. Just hold on a little longer.

Lost in these thoughts, his expression grew darker, brimming with dissatisfaction toward Luo Yan deep down.

He mulled over things for a while, still feeling unhappy, before finally instructing his subordinates to head home.

After Luo Yan returned home, the four family members went into the room where her parents rested, while Xiao Han stood outside, observing while holding some items.

Luo Father brought all the accounts before Luo Yan and Huanxue, encouraging them to take a look.

With a broad smile, Luo Father said happily to Luo Yan, “In the time you’ve been away, the shop earned nearly a thousand liang. However, we haven't quite hit that mark yet.”

Luo Yan responded, “Mm.” The outcome her father mentioned had not strayed too far from her expectations, and the earnings were actually significantly more than she had hoped.

Huanxue did not take a glance at the accounts; she thought her husband could handle that on his own. Looking at her father, she hesitated, unsure if she should proactively say something. She noticed that he had moved off to a corner as if to fetch something and decided to wait until her mother returned with whatever she needed before speaking up.

Luo Mother took out all the earnings and placed them beside the ledger.

Luo Yan observed the accounts with great focus; not only were they clearly documented, but important points were also highlighted in red. This made reviewing the account book quite easy and time-efficient for Luo Yan.

She felt immensely pleased, yet wondered whether it had been her father or mother who devised this system. The use of color to highlight notes was both smart and effective in enhancing efficiency.

In her previous life, many people loved organizing plans, categorizing tasks, maintaining journals, and creating various kinds of forms.

At this moment, Luo Yan was thrilled by this idea and even happier about the profits made. She looked up at her parents and excitedly asked, “Was this method of recording and highlighting important points devised by Father or Mother?”