Chapter 99

Huanxue walked to the bronze mirror, admiring how the pure white jade necklace looked stunning and suited her well.

She felt overjoyed; her husband was truly wonderful~

Seeing how much Huanxue liked the necklace, Luo Yan walked over and embraced her from behind. “Let’s get ready for our wash-up. Should we go to bed early to rest?”

The words spoken by her husband tugged at her heartstrings; his gentle tone didn’t sound like someone wanting rest at all.

She nodded her agreement nonetheless.

Luo Yan pressed further, “Together, okay?”

……

Huanxue felt shy and turned, burying her head against her husband’s chest.

Luo Yan encouraged her, “Wrap your arms around my neck. Look at me, I’ll hold you.”

Feeling her husband’s embrace, Huanxue buried her face into his neck.

The bath was quickly done, and Huanxue sat on her husband’s lap, enjoying him drying her hair, her delicate white legs swinging back and forth.

“Husband, will there come a day when you won’t dry my hair anymore because you find it too troublesome?”

“Why do you ask that?”

“Nothing, just curious.”

“It’s not troublesome; I’m very happy to dry your hair.”

Huanxue smiled and responded with a clear “Mm!”

Once her hair was dry, Luo Yan gently laid her down on the bed. Afterward, she dried her own hair, water dripping and soaking her inner garments.

She quickly dried her hair and changed into a dry inner garment.

Lifting the quilt, she lay down inside. Having spent a long time outside, her body felt a bit cold. After four or five minutes, she reached out to wrap her arms around Huanxue.

Suddenly, the weather outside changed dramatically, and it began to rain. At first, the rain fell slowly, but gradually it became heavier and more ferocious.

The rain poured for a long time, soaking the ground, and eventually, it started to taper off.

Inside the room, they were seemingly unaffected, wrapped in each other’s arms, sleeping soundly.

The next day, Luo Yan and Huanxue woke up naturally. By the time they practiced their martial arts and got ready to visit the county magistrate's residence, it was nearing noon.

Upon arriving at the county magistrate's house, they saw many people discussing matters with him, so Luo Yan didn’t want to interrupt. She held Huanxue’s hand and waited to see the county magistrate.

Several faces looked familiar. Just as she had guessed last night, these were the villagers from a few days earlier. Almost every household had quite a few sheep, and since they couldn’t manage to sell them, the prices were falling due to the high numbers.

Their barbecue shop bought their sheep daily, but there were simply too many.

The county magistrate noticed Master Luo’s arrival and, after chatting for nearly two hours, began to feel anxious. During this time, they had all been trying to resolve the issue, yet no one knew how to handle it. Huanxue, who had come here with Master Luo, must have told him about the situation after he visited their home a couple of days ago.

Taking advantage of having guests, he decided to let everyone return for now. Master Luo was well-known among them, recognized as the head of the private academy.