Chapter 80

When Luo Yan woke up again, the sky outside was already quite dark. Not knowing what time it was, she glanced down and saw Huanxue curled up, sleeping in her embrace. Luo Yan smiled gently, realizing that Huanxue must have been taking care of her all this time.

Gently stroking Huanxue’s soft cheek, she slowly opened her eyes.

“Are you hungry?” Huanxue sat up and looked at Luo Yan.

“I am a bit hungry. What time is it now, my dear?”

“It’s the hour of Yín (around 5 to 7 PM). I asked Xiao Han to prepare a meal,” Huanxue said as she stood up to go find Xiao Han.

Luo Yan hadn’t expected that her arm injury would cause her to sleep through the entire afternoon. Once her arm healed from the sword wound, she needed to step up her training in martial arts.

Since she had received a knife wound, her diet would need to be monitored. After giving some instructions to Xiao Han, Huanxue came back into the room and poured herself a cup of water. She brought it over to Luo Yan and said, “Wife, drink some water first. The food will take a little while.”

“Alright. You haven’t eaten dinner yet, have you?”

Caught by her wife’s observation, Huanxue glanced at Luo Yan. After all, how could she eat when her wife was injured? “Not yet; we’ll eat together later.”

“Mm.” Just now, Huanxue’s little glance seemed to imply she already knew and still wanted to ask. “Dear, come a bit closer. I think there’s something on your eyelashes.”

Huanxue touched her eyelashes with her finger. “Is there?”

“Yeah, come a bit closer. I can’t see you from so far away.” As soon as she finished speaking, Huanxue leaned in closer. “Close your eyes; I’m afraid I might poke your eye and it would hurt.”

Following Luo Yan's words, Huanxue closed her eyes and allowed her wife to inspect them.

“Is it done?” Huanxue asked.

“Almost.” Luo Yan's long fingers brushed gently over Huanxue’s beautiful eyelashes. As she saw her getting ready to open her eyes, Luo Yan leaned in and kissed her.

Mmm...

Huanxue’s lips were sweet, like a top-quality tonic. After exploring for a moment, Luo Yan finally pulled back.

Huanxue looked at her helplessly, her mouth bitter from the medicine she had taken. “Wife! Why did you do that? It’s so… bitter.”

“Don’t be mad; there won’t be a next time,” Luo Yan said, stroking Huanxue’s cheek.

Xiao Han stood outside and knocked on the door, saying, “Miss, the food is ready.”

“Quickly bring it in,” Huanxue replied as she moved to the table. She had sent Xiao Han to watch over the kitchen to prepare some rice porridge, which was looking quite appetizing.

Luo Yan slowly got out of bed, and just as she was putting on her shoes, she noticed the familiar hem of a skirt right in front of her. “Can I wear it?” a voice floated down from above.

“Of course,” Luo Yan responded while finishing putting on her shoes.

Standing up, Luo Yan felt a bit embarrassed and said, “Huanxue, can you help me wipe my hands?”

“Mm.” Huanxue took Luo Yan’s uninjured arm and helped her wipe her hands.

Although Luo Yan had been quick on her feet today, she had still gotten injured. Besides, she had taken in so many people, which added another layer of complexity to her situation. Once they reached Jiangzhong County, Luo Yan would also need to figure out how to help settle those people in. “Huanxue, why do you want those people to follow you?”