Chapter 88: The Opening of the Academy

After settling into the new home, Luo Yan called Luo Han (Xiao Han) over to discuss the establishment of a business association. For this venture, Luo Yan intended for Luo Han to take charge.

In establishing the business association, Luo Yan prepared to share three pieces of information with people in the jianghu (martial arts community).

First, to set the scene for the association, it needed a narrative. People needed to know what kind of person started this business association and what its purpose was.

The first message, which was also the most important: the master of the Shengya Business Association is a woman, and this woman does not favor men but loves women...

The second message: the Shengya Business Association, hidden for hundreds of years, has now emerged! It is said that the hidden owner has always been a woman, and no men have ever been involved…

The third message: it is rumored that if you possess talent, the Shengya Business Association will welcome you. If you are skilled in divination and can calculate well enough, the Shengya Business Association will keep you; if you are proficient in martial arts, reaching a certain level, the Shengya Business Association will keep you; if you are literate...

This hidden association can store money, and the longer the funds are left untouched, the more they will grow. The association can also buy and sell information.

Now, Luo Han was the second young lady of the Luo family. Looking at the way she presented herself in the courtyard, it felt completely different now.

After discussing with Xiao Han and gauging her opinion, Luo Yan asked, “Are you willing? If you’re not, I can find someone else.”

Xiao Han understood that Young Master Luo was trying to help her. If she were to live with Li Yue, this was a perfect opportunity: “I am willing.”

“Great! I’ll have someone call the magistrate to find a suitable location for the business association.” Looking at Luo Han, Luo Yan asked seriously once more, “Can I release this information?”

“Of course, Young Master Luo.”

“From now on, call me ‘Brother’ instead of ‘Young Master Luo.’ I’ve already taken you as my sister; you will always be my dear sister.”

“...Okay, Brother.”

“Alright, I’ll take care of the information. When someone is willing to work for the business association, I’ll need your help to gauge their martial arts skills, okay?”

“Mm, I understand, Brother.”

“Good, then let’s leave it at that for now.” As Luo Han was about to leave, Luo Yan quickly called her back, saying, “Wait a moment.”

When she turned around, Luo Yan advised, “If you like Li Yue, you’ll need to be thicker-skinned and show a bit more sincerity towards her.” With that, Luo Yan pulled out 3 taels of silver. “Take this; you’ll be able to receive 3 taels of pocket money each month.”

Looking at the money pouch, Xiao Han felt reluctant to accept it, wanting to earn her own way: “I don’t need this.”

Luo Yan said, “What a pity! Supporting a wife costs money everywhere. Are you sure you don’t want it?!”