Chapter 86: Knowing

Xiao Han personally brought the food into the room, where Li Yue was still lying on the bed, resting. Seeing Xiao Han return, she asked, “Why are you back?”

Xiao Han placed the food on the table and replied, “I came to keep you company. I mentioned that you have your cycle and shouldn’t be moving around… The Young Master asked me to stay with you.”

“Oh, I see.”

“Yes, you should get up and eat something,” Xiao Han encouraged, looking at Li Yue.

“I can’t… I can’t get up.” After being worn out the entire night, Li Yue was feeling quite unwell.

“Why can’t you get up? The bed isn’t that high, is it?”

“My legs are weak…”

“Just a moment; let me set the food down and come over to help you.” It turned out to be due to her own condition; she would need to be more cautious next time.

“Mm-hmm.” Li Yue sat up, waiting for Xiao Han to come over and assist her. If her father found out she had been taken advantage of by a girl, he might explode with anger. Xiao Han… was likely in danger now; everything from last night had been too overwhelming. It felt surreal seeing Xiao Han right now, and she hadn’t even rejected her…

She wondered if Xiao Han was a servant, and if so, she would need to consult with Huanxue. Sigh, thinking about these things seemed too far-fetched at the moment, and she was still unsure of what Xiao Han thought. “Xiao Han… did you sign a contract to sell yourself to Sister Huanxue?”

Xiao Han paused for a moment, remembering that she did indeed have a contract. “I did.”

“Then, where is the contract now?”

“It should be with the Young Lady, but I need to ask her to know for sure.”

“Got it.”

Xiao Han approached Li Yue while saying, “I’ll discuss this matter with the Young Lady. You don’t need to worry about it; just focus on eating.”

“Okay.”

Upon arriving at the shop, Huanxue went directly to find her mother to discuss the arrangements for accommodations. The furniture for the servants could simply be purchased as ready-made items from the store. After discussing, Huanxue and her mother went to the furniture shop and chose the pre-made pieces to be delivered to the courtyard.

After that, they also purchased bedding, fabric, and other supplies. After all the hustle, they planned to have the servants’ living quarters ready by the afternoon.

Last night, Cang Dong had returned to Luo Village and only found out upon arriving home that Young Master Luo was staying at the inn in the county. The next morning, he waited at the shop to see Luo Yan, as there was some intelligence progress that needed to be communicated.

When Luo Yan arrived at the shop, Cang Dong walked over to greet her. After finishing up what he had to say about following the Jiang family, Luo Yan realized that the smuggling activities of the Jiang family were a recent development. They couldn’t alarm the enemy, so she instructed Cang Dong to stay for the day. Once Huanxue’s arrangements were completed, Cang Dong would accompany her to help select people.