Chapter 65

After finishing lunch and discussing the shop matters with Wen Zhengye, Luo Yan noticed that he hadn’t brought the shop’s deed or the documents for the building when he came to find her.

Walking back, Luo Yan felt that the person who had been following her was still trailing behind. It wasn’t until she reached the front of the Juewei shop that she sensed the presence had finally disappeared.

Upon arriving at the shop, Luo Yan called her mother and Huanxue to gather around and discuss the matters concerning the new store.

Once the new shop was confirmed that afternoon, preparations would need to begin right away. They would need someone to find contractors for renovations, and once the designs for the furniture were finalized, orders needed to be placed as well—there would be quite a few pieces.

As they spoke, Luo Yan glanced over at Xiao Xu and Wang Ji. Xiao Xu was busy teaching Wang Ji the work he was familiar with. Should I test Wang Ji over the next few days, or wait until I return from the Li family? She hadn’t quite decided yet.

When they got back to the topic of renovations, Xiao Xu stepped forward and said, “Boss Luo, I know a company that specializes in house repairs. I can call them over to see if they can help.”

Luo Yan was pleasantly surprised that Xiao Xu had contacts in this area, which effectively solved one issue. “Alright, please have them come over. I’ll talk with them and see if it’s feasible,” she said.

“Okay, Boss Luo,” Xiao Xu replied, and Luo Yan felt a sense of satisfaction as she watched him return to teaching Wang Ji.

Luo Yan was waiting for Huanxue to finalize her thoughts on the furniture styles before informing her, but she knew there was no need to rush; this eagerness stemmed from her own impatience.

After lunch, the whole family headed to the new shop.

The shop had been finalized for 230 taels of silver, and as Luo Yan looked at the tangible deed and building documents in her hands, she truly felt that the property now belonged to her.

Luo Yan loved this feeling—it reminded her that everything was real and not a dream.

After exchanging pleasantries with Wen Zhengye, who had nothing else to attend to, he took his leave. Luo Yan instructed Xiao Xu to find a few available individuals to help start the cleaning.

Luo Yan's father and mother took the deed and documents for the new shop and returned to the Juewei shop. Noticing that Liyue was accompanying Huanxue up to the second floor, Luo Yan turned her attention to a place she cared about— the kitchen!

After wandering around in the kitchen, Luo Yan stepped out into the courtyard to assess how best to arrange and decorate it.

Just as she was about to head back to the front of the shop, Liyue rushed towards her, shouting, “Huanxue! Huanxue’s missing!” Then she urged Luo Yan, “Why are you still standing there? Huanxue is gone! We need to hurry and look for her!”

Luo Yan didn’t catch all of Liyue’s words, but after regaining her composure, she took off running outside.

From a distance, she faintly heard Liyue’s voice saying, “Xiao Han has gone to search… Hey! Did you hear what I said?! ...”

Looking in both directions along the road, Luo Yan felt an overwhelming anxiety—she didn’t know which direction to go to find her wife! She hoped nothing bad had happened!

Even though less than a minute had passed, it felt like an eternity as she finally headed in one direction to search for Huanxue.

Cang Dong and the others were busy cleaning the new shop with Xiao Xu, and as they approached the shop’s entrance, they saw Luo Yan’s frantic figure rushing away. What was going on? What had happened?