Chapter 27

After returning home, the difference was that neither Luo Yan nor her mother needed to do any work. The mung bean cakes and milk-flavored buns were being made by someone else, and even the stove was being tended to by another.

For the dinner preparations, all the necessary ingredients were cleaned and chopped ahead of time, so Luo Yan only needed to do the final cooking.

While Luo’s father had not yet returned, Luo’s mother sat in the kitchen helping out and chatting.

With some free time, Luo Yan joined her wife in keeping the accounts. In the evening, there were many people cooking, but the staff in the shop was still somewhat lacking.

The family living in front had two sons, so Luo Yan asked her mother to inquire if the two sons of Luo Chen's family had any free time. If they did, she would bring them to the shop to help out.

Han Xue looked at the accounts and was a bit surprised. Today was the last day of the shop's promotion. During the day, her husband had hung up a sign indicating that it was the last day of the sale.

Unexpectedly, the sales were doing so well, and the number of reserved orders was the highest it had been in the past few days.

“Husband—”

“Mm.” Hearing his wife call him, Luo Yan immediately turned to look at her.

“There are a lot of reservations today; we have 25 cake orders. Will you be able to manage tomorrow?” She understood well that making cakes took a lot of time.

Even with three people helping her husband, they hadn't managed to make 20 in one day, and she worried that they wouldn’t finish in time tomorrow.

Seeing his wife worry about him, Luo Yan frowned slightly, his beautiful and captivating face showing concern. “Don’t worry. Xiao Weige's wife, Xiao Die, should be able to make cakes by now. Let her try tomorrow.

In these two days, we probably need to hire two or three more people to help with cake-making.”

“Mm-hmm,” Han Xue felt reassured that her husband was already making plans. If Sister Xiao Die could make the cakes on her own, it would free up some of her husband's time, which would be great.

“If Sister Xiao Die can complete the cakes by herself, we’ll need to sign a new contract.”

“Mm, I’ll write one up in advance.”

“Sisters, during the daytime, let them make cakes in the shop, but in the evening, they shouldn’t work and should have a good rest. However, they can still come in the evening to help their mother-in-law.”

“Mm, that’s right. What do you mean by that?”

“During the night, the sisters are helping their mother-in-law, so I don’t plan to pay them extra. We can still provide for their dinner, but I think it would be inappropriate to consider it as part of their wages.”

“Listen to your wife. When my mother arrives, I’ll let her know and have her talk to Aunt Wu.”

Han Xue felt a bit shy that her husband had just assumed she would agree. Turning back to the account book, she suddenly thought of something: “Husband, if we need people to make cakes, why are we also hiring men?”

“To run errands.”

???

Luo Yan's smile deepened as she slowly explained it to her wife: “Xiao Xu and Wang Ji always have a lot to do in the shop. If we hire two or three more, or even five or six men, they can specialize in delivering the food ordered by the customers.