Chapter 74

Upon arriving at the county town, Luo Yan instructed Xiao Xu to make a trip to the livestock market to retrieve the previously purchased animals. She quickly realized that transporting livestock would be quite troublesome, so she decided against bringing them along and would instead buy them again in Gulanzhen.

After having breakfast in the county town, they purchased enough dry rations for the next few days. Huanxue's family was in Gulanzhen, which would take about four to five days of travel.

On their way to Gulanzhen, they passed a river called Qinghe, which was not far from Jiangmi County. After returning, they could hire a group of people to fish and catch shrimp here to sell later.

The journey took over four days, and when they finally reached Gulanzhen, it was just noon. The sun shone brightly, and the blue sky with fluffy white clouds looked picturesque.

In Gulanzhen, they first found an inn to arrange accommodations for Cang Dong and the others. Considering that it might not be ideal to bring Huanxue home in the afternoon, Luo Yan also requested two rooms from the innkeeper.

After organizing the gifts and everyone’s luggage at the inn, Luo Yan called Cang Dong to follow her out.

According to the customs of this world, bringing pork back when visiting one's family symbolized that a woman was doing well in her husband’s home. Although Luo Yan didn’t pay much attention to these traditions, since she was taking Huanxue back to her family, she made sure to prepare everything that was necessary.

At the market, Luo Yan asked a nearby vendor selling oiled paper umbrellas for directions to the livestock market. Following the shopkeeper's directions, she quickly found the place selling livestock.

People here loved eating lamb, so she bought two piglets and two little lambs. Having a pair of animals was considered auspicious. Since she had bought everything quickly, on her way back, she passed by the oiled paper umbrella stall and purchased a lotus-patterned umbrella.

Upon opening the umbrella for a quick look, she admired the beautiful pink lotus design, deciding it would be perfect for her wife to use as a sunshade.

Once they arrived back at the inn, Luo Yan called a waiter to find a suitable spot to place the purchased livestock.

As she was about to head upstairs, Luo Yan noticed Huanxue and Xiao Han were gathered around a table, seemingly discussing the menu. They hadn’t eaten lunch yet, so Luo Yan walked over, setting the oiled paper umbrella aside and sitting down next to Huanxue.

“Did you buy an oiled paper umbrella? Have you already purchased everything?” Huanxue turned to her husband and asked.

“Yeah, everything is ready. We’ll take it with us when we head to your family tomorrow morning.”

“This umbrella? I thought it looked nice, so I bought it for you,” Luo Yan said.

Huanxue felt her cheeks flush slightly at his words. An umbrella? Was her husband hinting that he wanted to be her protector?

“Alright then, Husband, if you want to eat something else, let’s order more,” she said playfully.

“What dishes did you just order, Xue’er?” Luo Yan inquired.

“I ordered... and also some bird's nest.”

“Let’s stick with those for now; if it’s not enough, we can order more later.”

“Sounds good~”

After finishing lunch, everyone went upstairs to their rooms to rest.

Luo Yan felt quite exhausted from the journey. Upon entering her room, she went straight to the bedside, sat down, and began to remove her shoes and outer garments in preparation for some rest.