Chapter 48

Huanxue saw that her wife had returned and instructed Xiao Han to go back and rest. It was getting late, and it was best to get to bed early.

As Luo Yan watched Xiao Han leave, she figured Huanxue must have sent her away. But what was she going to say next? It was really difficult to sort through her feelings.

When she approached the door, the servants also made their way back. Luo Yan observed Huanxue entering their room and wondered what she would say after being away all day. Would Huanxue remark on her absence?

Luo Yan settled down at the table, pouring herself a cup of tea. The water was quite hot, likely just boiled a short while ago.

Glancing at Huanxue, Luo Yan asked, “Have you washed up yet?”

Huanxue replied, “Not yet.” It seemed her wife was still very concerned about what she had said the previous night, and she hadn’t even called her “wife” in her tone.

Right now, Luo Yan only wanted to avoid communicating with Huanxue. After a whole day of thinking, she still hadn’t figured out how to stop her from following through with her previous words.

Luo Yan prompted, “You should wash up first.”

Huanxue regarded her wife for a moment. Luo Yan was still drinking tea and hadn’t looked her way while speaking. Was she really that concerned? It certainly seemed odd for her to suddenly grow cold toward her. “Alright.”

I guess I’ll wash up first, then I can talk to her afterward.

Once Huanxue went to wash up, Luo Yan released a sigh of relief. She couldn’t imagine what would happen if she expressed her disagreement outright!

Huanxue took quite a while in the shower, allowing Luo Yan to finish most of her tea by the time she emerged.

Luo Yan watched as Huanxue lay down on the bed after cleaning up, and she went over to wash up herself.

Luo Yan was quick; she finished her shower in no time.

When she noticed Huanxue staring at her, Luo Yan made an effort to maintain her calm demeanor as she lay down on the bed. Instead of looking at Huanxue, her eyes were fixed on the ceiling.

Her wife was really quite sensitive! She shouldn’t have spoken so hastily. Huanxue must be feeling sad right now too.

Huanxue quietly spoke, “I’m not going to mourn anymore.”

Luo Yan immediately turned to look at her wife, fearful that she had misheard; Huanxue’s voice had been so soft.

Luo Yan blinked, confirming Huanxue's words.

Huanxue stretched out her hand to touch Luo Yan's cheek. Although her wife was a woman, the handsome aura she exuded was even more attractive than that of a man.

Huanxue leaned closer to Luo Yan and gently kissed her. “I’m not going to mourn anymore.”

“From the beginning, it was she who deceived me. Not mourning for her feels like a form of justice...” Huanxue said, noticing that her wife was quietly listening to her. She smiled and leaned in again to kiss Luo Yan.

Slowly, Huanxue tested the waters, letting her tongue explore as Luo Yan seemed to understand her intentions and reciprocated. They mingled, their lips and tongues intertwined.

Huanxue loved the scent that clung to her wife—it was fresh and comforting. Although she initiated the kiss, it felt like she was enveloped by Luo Yan’s essence, which was incredibly soothing.

When her tongue began to feel a little numb, Huanxue pulled back and buried her head in Luo Yan's neck.

Luo Yan smiled, surprised to learn that her wife wouldn’t be mourning anymore. Huanxue was right; initially, the Luo family had acted wrongly, and the original owner had merely accepted it.