Chapter 101: Countdown to Conclusion: One

Upon returning to the room, Luo Yan saw Huanxue enjoying some tea while reading a book.

As she walked in, Huanxue turned to look at her and asked, “Have things been resolved?”

Luo Yan nodded in response. “Yes.”

It seemed to mark a temporary conclusion; Wang Hongwen would likely return to reassure Li Yan and might take further action.

Sitting down, she poured herself a cup of tea and asked Huanxue, “How are the sales of the new milk tea in the shop?”

Huanxue put down her book, smiling genuinely as she replied cheerfully, “Very well! Some people have bought every flavor and said they loved them all, wanting to try something different every day!”

Luo Yan laughed along with Huanxue; it was great that everyone enjoyed it. “That’s wonderful; it means we don’t have to worry about sales in the shop.”

Huanxue nodded, “Yes!”

“Once the county magistrate notifies us, we can start selling lamb soup at the Luo family inn. I hope it will be as successful as the milk tea shop.”

“Mm~ It will, Husband! With how delicious your food is, how could it not be popular!”

Huanxue's praise made Luo Yan chuckle. “With you complimenting me like that, I’m really not used to it.”

“I’m just speaking the truth.”

“Mm, my wife is right.”

Huanxue's cheeks flushed slightly as she asked, “Do you have to go to the academy in the afternoon?”

“Yes, will you go?”

“I’ll go; there’s nothing for me to do at home this afternoon.”

“Alright~”

After finishing their meal, Luo Yan took Huanxue by the hand and walked to the academy, stopping along the way to browse the shops.

When they came across a vendor selling candied hawthorn, Luo Yan glanced at Huanxue and could tell she was tempted to try some.

Tightening her grip on Huanxue's soft hand, she led her over to the vendor and paid for a candied hawthorn for Huanxue.

“Give it a try and see if it’s made with fresh hawthorn.”

Huanxue took a small bite and said, “It’s made with fresh hawthorn; it’s delicious, sweet and tangy!”

Her eyes brightened as she pretended to be uncertain and asked, “Really? I want to try one too.”

Huanxue seemed oblivious to her intentions, so Luo Yan took her hand that's holding the candied hawthorn, leaned in, and took a bite from the top piece of the candied hawthorn that Huanxue hadn’t finished yet.

Releasing Huanxue's arm, she savored the taste and confirmed, “It’s really good; the hawthorn is very fresh!”

It seemed Huanxue only realized what had happened afterward, and now she looked at her with slightly flushed ears.

Luo Yan smiled sweetly and continued to hold Huanxue’s soft hand as they walked forward.

In the afternoon at the private academy, she received news from Cang Dong that the county magistrate had given Wang Hongwen no opportunity for a rescue.

Wang Hongwen had dispatched people to prepare a carriage, presumably ready to leave.

Days passed one after another, and after the announcement was made, the Shengya Business Association began to open branches at a steady pace.