Chapter 97

Luo Yan wiped the smile off her face and said seriously, “Perhaps we can find a breakthrough through him; the evidence against his father regarding smuggling is already conclusive.”

Smuggling was a serious matter and should be dealt with by the authorities. “Husband, what are you going to do?”

“Bring them to justice!” Luo Yan looked at Huanxue as she answered. It was not just because of Jiang Kai’s family being connected to the Luo family; their actions were unforgivable.

“Mm, you’re right, Husband.”

In recent days, Huanxue had been returning from Luo’s Exquisite Foods Store in despair and hadn’t gone to the Shengya Business Association. “Xue’er, why have you been running over to the inn today?”

“Our Luo’s Exquisite Foods Store has had a large influx of customers recently, and we’re short-staffed. I asked Luo Han to send some people from Shengya Business Association over to help out. It should be better in a couple of days.”

“Is that so?”

“Yes, Husband.”

“It’s not a big deal to bring in people from Shengya Business Association; we should recruit some more people as well.”

“Mm, I’ve already discussed it with Xiao Xu, and he’s actively recruiting personnel over there.”

“That's good. You’re managing the Shengya Business Association very well, allowing me to rest easy to handle other matters. As long as we get the emperor’s business sorted out, we won’t have to be so busy.”

“Don’t you like it like this, Husband?”

“It’s not that I don’t like it; I just want to have more free time to spend with you and the family.”

Huanxue felt shy and softly replied, “Mm~”

After chatting for a while, noticing that the sun was at its zenith, she took Huanxue’s hand and headed over to prepare for lunch.

As they approached everyone, Luo Yan looked at the cleaned fish and asked Luo Han, “How do you all want to cook this fish?”

Remembering what she had just discussed with Li Yue, she replied, “Brother, can we roast it?”

“Sure, help me set up the fire.”

“Okay.”

Luo Han called the servants to bring over the fire rack and then went into the woods to gather wood to place beside the rack for her brother to use. She wasn't very skilled at roasting fish; her brother had grilled fish on their journey to the capital, and it had tasted delicious, which Li Yue would surely enjoy. Watching her brother busily at work, she walked over to assist Huanxue and Li Yue.

With the dry sticks ready, Luo Yan started to light the fire and began roasting the fish.

After having a hearty lunch, Luo Han took Li Yue, while Luo Yan took Huanxue to the riverbank. Li Yue had brought her guqin, and she and Huanxue discussed doing a dance while she played a tune.

Luo Yan wasn’t good at this sort of thing, preferring to enjoy it as an audience. She held a bamboo tube filled with milk tea and sat to the side, waiting for their performance to begin.

As the sound of the guqin filled the air, Huanxue began to dance. Luo Yan took sips of her milk tea, almost like it was wine, watching Huanxue’s graceful movements and narrowing her eyes, imagining having Huanxue dance for her alone when they returned.

As the song concluded, Huanxue stopped dancing and came over to sit beside her. Li Yue picked up the guqin again, and Luo Yan embraced Huanxue, enjoying the beautiful scenery and the lovely melody.