Chapter 46

Last night, when it was decided which palace to visit, the emperor watched the plaques that had been placed and awaited Luo Yan to lift one.

During lunch, Luo Yan had pointed out aspects of his emotions toward the Empress that he hadn't even realized himself.

Seeing how Luo Yan interacted with her beloved wife made the emperor reflect on his own feelings. When handling matters, he found himself inclined toward the Empress. Now, looking at these plaques that awaited a change in fate, he decisively made his choice.

No way! Tonight, I will go to the Empress!

He hadn’t expected that after meeting Luo Yan today, she would immediately notice the changes within him.

The emperor said, “I did indeed rest well last night.” He smiled as he looked at Luo Yan.

Luo Yan replied, “That’s good to hear.”

The entire morning was spent with Luo Yan and the emperor discussing matters, including what she had mentioned the previous day. Luo Yan also shared various opinions on other aspects, which the emperor seemed to agree with. Not only did he take notes, but he also summoned the heads of the Six Ministries to join them.

After hearing Luo Yan address issues regarding grain supply, the sources of gold and silver, and disaster management measures, the emperor decided to bestow her an official rank of at least third grade or higher. Luo Yan was indifferent to the title itself; as long as it could be used to deal with the Luo family’s main branch, she had no grand demands. (smirking)

Those from the Luo family’s main branch likely held considerable power and positions within the court, so how to deal with them was something Luo Yan needed to ponder carefully.

In her own world, if someone in her company were found to be problematic, she could simply fire them. But here, it was much more complicated. She needed to recruit talented individuals, after all. Directly dismissing the officials from the Luo family could create a significant void that would need to be filled.

After some contemplation, the officials from the Six Ministries arrived. The emperor had noted everything Luo Yan had said, and now he asked a few of them to step forward and review his notes.

Before long, one official spoke up, saying, “Talented individual! Your Majesty, who is responsible for these insights? We need to find them; this person could be a huge asset to our court.”

Luo Yan didn’t know which official was responsible for which part of the Six Ministries, but after this official spoke, the others quickly echoed the sentiment that the emperor must recruit whoever possessed these insights.

That person was right next to them; the emperor didn’t want to reveal that it was Luo Yan's words. If he were to grant her an official title, it would be best if it could supersede the authority of the Six Ministries.

Luo Yan was confident that everything concerning this matter was manageable. Ignoring what she had noted down just moments ago, during dinner, the medicinal herbs and dishes Luo Yan casually mentioned were indeed remarkable.

Yesterday afternoon, Luo Yan shared a great deal of practical information, enough to fill a book. She seemed to speak whatever came to mind, covering a vast range of topics, from the broad matters concerning Sikuo Xin.

It appeared that having Luo Yan alone could control the entire court without exaggeration.

Initially, there had been some concern about whether Luo Yan would pose a threat. However, when she mentioned her aspiration to be a beneficial emperor, the emperor realized that Luo Yan intended to assure him that she would not endanger him.