Chapter 45

Han Xue asked, “What is your world like, husband? What is your name there?”

Luo Yan affectionately patted her wife's head and replied, “In my world, my name is also Luo Yan.”

Han Xue exclaimed, “So the names are the same!”

“Yes,” she confirmed.

Han Xue’s expression turned serious. “So, the original Luo Yan is really gone?”

“Yes.”

What should she do? If her mother and father found out, they would undoubtedly be heartbroken and saddened. She had not noticed at all that Luo Yan was gone. Now her husband was living in Luo Yan's place. She said that on that day, she hadn’t communicated much with the original Luo Yan, which made sense now.

After the incident that day, her husband had changed; originally, she thought he was merely trying to modify himself after everything that had happened. At first, she hadn’t paid much attention to such details, but now it dawned on her that her husband was truly not the same person anymore.

The person who had spoken to her that night was indeed the woman before her, and the original Luo Yan was truly gone?

Han Xue asked, “Will she ever come back?”

“No.”

It had been a long time since that day, and now she was with this person… and they had already become intimate.

Han Xue continued, “Why didn’t you tell me this sooner? I... we are already at that stage, yet I don’t know anything about you... and you’ve just kept this from me!”

Luo Yan said, “I’m sorry. This matter was motivated by my selfishness, which led to this situation. You have to believe me, dear! I genuinely care for you and love you, which is why I acted this way.”

Is that so? She couldn’t be entirely sure. The time spent with her hadn’t been long, but she had deeply felt her concern and care for her.

Han Xue replied, “Actually, you could have told me this from the start or spoken directly to my parents. I believe they would understand.”

Uh, she really didn’t believe that. Who would easily believe such a supernatural occurrence?

Luo Yan asked, “Don’t you feel like I’m lying to deceive you?”

“Mm, I was a bit frightened at first. But you really do things that the original her wouldn’t have done. Just look at cooking; she wouldn't be able to make this many dishes,” Han Xue pointed out.

“And there are many medicinal herbs. I’ve looked through the books in the room. There weren’t any on medicinal herbs. The ones relating to them were the ones you bought. Now I understand why you purchased those books; it was all to create a cover for yourself, wasn’t it?”

Luo Yan smiled. His wife was so clever; everything she had done before had been seen through by her. “You’re right.”

“There are several reasons for not telling my parents. The first is that I don’t want to make them too sad. The second is that when I saw you, it felt like you had taken residence in my heart. I thought that since you are my wife, it would be easier for me to get along with you quickly.”

Han Xue exclaimed, “You’re so bad! You’ve only been in my world for a few days and already you’re bullying me!” She felt quite aggrieved, having been so naïve and unwittingly taken in by him.

As she speaks, Han Xue playfully swung her little fist at Luo Yan. It wasn’t very powerful, and when it landed, it felt more like a massage.

Uh-oh… At that moment, she definitely hadn’t managed to control herself. To be honest, she'd been holding back for the past couple of nights!