Chapter 67

In the front room, Da Wang and Hong Chun took turns heating water for everyone to wash up.

Liyue was the first to go wash and bathe, followed by Xiao Han. After Liyue finished, she returned to her room, while Xiao Han waited for everyone to finish cleaning up before going back to her own room.

She opened the door and walked in, shutting it behind her. Just as she was about to release the doorknob, she suddenly realized that Liyue would be staying with her tonight.

“Are you back?” Liyue asked upon hearing the door close.

“Mm.” Xiao Han walked over to the table and sat down, feeling a little shy about approaching. Earlier in the day, when something had happened to her miss, she immediately thought of Liyue. If something similar happened to Liyue, she knew she would panic just like Luo Yan had.

“Quick, turn off the light and rest; it’s getting late~” Liyue urged when she noticed Xiao Han hadn’t moved.

“Coming.” With that, Xiao Han stood up and turned off the lamp in front of her. Looking over, she saw that Liyue had already closed her eyes, clearly tired. Pulling up the blanket, Xiao Han climbed into bed, ready to rest as well.

Having never shared a bed with anyone throughout her life, Xiao Han found it a bit uncomfortable with Liyue lying beside her.

After a moment, Liyue, feeling Xiao Han settle in, softly said, “I’m going to sleep now; I’m really tired.” Shortly after, she heard Xiao Han reply, “Mm.” Liyue then drifted off into slumber.

Listening to Liyue’s light breathing as she slept, Xiao Han thought to turn over and face away from her, but unexpectedly, Liyue’s arm suddenly reached around her waist. Xiao Han froze, too afraid to move, as Liyue’s body lay turned toward her.

“Whatever, I give up on struggling,” Xiao Han thought as she stared at the ceiling. Gradually, drowsiness overtook her and she began to fall asleep.

Since they would be learning martial arts the next day, Luo Yan and her wife had gone to bed early to rest.

In the early morning, Xiao Han was awakened by the chirping of the birds. As she opened her eyes slightly, her gaze fell upon Liyue's beautiful face.

Huh? Ahhh!

She was actually holding Liyue as she slept! What should she do? Should she just push Liyue away and get up? Or... what should she do?

After struggling with her thoughts for a while without coming up with a plan to get up, Xiao Han finally decided to give in. “I’ll just wait for Liyue to wake up. I'll pretend to be asleep for a bit longer.”

After quite some time, right when she was about to break character, Liyue woke up. Xiao Han quickly pretended to be asleep, thinking she would get up once Liyue was up.

Liyue realized she had fallen asleep in Xiao Han's embrace and understood why she felt so well-rested. Looking up, she watched the still-sleeping Xiao Han.

Hmm? Those eyelashes are quite long!

Liyue not only looked but also reached out a finger to gently touch Xiao Han’s black, long eyelashes. Upon closer inspection, she found that Xiao Han was indeed quite pretty.

Why wasn’t Liyue getting up? Why was she still playing with her eyelashes? It felt a bit itchy, and Xiao Han realized she couldn’t keep pretending to sleep any longer.

“You’re awake,” Liyue said, looking at Xiao Han.

“Mm.” Liyue was too close to her! “Um... I need to get up now,” Xiao Han said, blinking as she faced Liyue.