Chapter 21

The next day, Luo Yan was awakened directly by the sound of roosters crowing in the yard. She faintly heard the sound of rain falling outside, soft and drizzling.

Her wife was snuggled up next to her, sleeping soundly. After a long day of work yesterday, she must be exhausted.

In the coming days, if the shop could stabilize, she wanted to find a time to take her wife back to her family home.

But just thinking about the large Li family made Luo Yan tremble slightly; it was quite distressing...

From the memories of the original owner, she had visited the Li family a few times. The Li family had many members, and Li Weiye, the father of Han Xue, was the head of the family. Because they hadn’t exchanged many words before, she didn’t have a clear understanding of what her father-in-law was like.

In the novel, her wife’s mother was the third concubine married to Li Weiye... and there were a total of five children in the family! The more she thought about it, the more her head ached.

Right now, she couldn’t focus on that; she needed to ask her wife about it before they went back. For now, making money was the priority!

Luo Yan looked outside; the sky was gray and it was still drizzling lightly. The chicks had chirped a couple of times but had fallen silent, making the sound of the rain even more pronounced. Luo Yan held her wife tightly and continued to sleep.

After about another two hours, she faintly heard voices coming from the yard.

Luo Yan started to get up. After tidying herself up, she went into the yard and saw Wang Ji chatting with her father. The kitchen’s chimney was smoking, meaning her mother was likely seated for breakfast.

The rain had stopped, but the ground was still wet from the moisture left behind from the night.

After greeting Wang Ji, Luo Yan began to busily prepare. Although it wasn't raining now, there was no guarantee that it wouldn’t rain again later.

With this thought, Luo Yan couldn’t help but sigh. If only this place were like her world, where there were weather forecasts; she wouldn’t have to rush around chaotically and would be able to prepare for everything in advance.

Qiang Ying's father continued to tidy up the yard while Wang Ji was already milking the other cow. With two cows, milking once in the morning was more than enough to meet the demand for milk tea in the morning.

Wang Ji would return to milk again before noon, allowing them to continue selling in the afternoon. The remaining milk would be used to make cakes and desserts.

Today, they needed to make the cake at the shop.

Luo Mother had prepared breakfast early, and Han Xue was now up, sitting at the table eating.

After finishing breakfast, Luo Yan, along with her wife and Wang Ji, headed out with the donkey cart to the shop. Luo Mother planned to stay behind and wait for others to come so they could all head to the shop together to help.

The two families from yesterday; one lived next door. The man was named Luo Hua, but everyone in the village called him Hua Zi. Today, their daughter-in-law was coming to work at the shop.

The other family lived to the north of the Luo household, not far away, with only another household separating them. This family had two sons and a daughter, all of whom were married. The villagers referred to them as the Xiao Chen family.

Both of this family's daughters-in-law were returning to help today, which would make three of them.